Senior Manager - Architecture, Design and Construction
Our Architecture & Design Department delivers truly exceptional properties that delight our guests, reward our partners, and reflect the unique cultures of their geographical locations. With design and construction professionals across 16 locations, we have the advantages of a global presence as well as the benefits of local resources, skills, and expertise.
What will I be doing?
As the Senior Manager, Architecture Design & Construction, you will have responsibility for managing projects in this category, ensuring consistent application of brand requirements, while working in partnership with owners, consultants, and internal team members! You will provide project management for franchise conversion projects including conversions from non-Hilton branded hotels and brand change conversions from existing Hilton branded hotels. This may also include; new development/ground-up projects, adaptive reuse projects, and room additions where applicable.
More specifically, you will:
- Evaluate conversion candidates and produce the Product Improvement Plan (PIP) to set forth the scope of the renovation required to convert the hotel to your assigned category
- Negotiate PIP scope directly with hotel owner/franchisee or their representative
- Coordinate with Hilton Development and Brand Teams as needed and revise PIP if needed
- Provide technical guidance and services and enforce design and construction standards
- Build positive relationships and conduct Predesign Kickoff meeting with hotel owner/franchisee and their project team along with conducting additional meetings, conference calls, and webinars as needed to explain Hilton requirements
- Review architectural, engineering plans, and other construction submittals and shop drawings. Coordinate with other Hilton teams, for example, interior design and engineering
- Monitor renovation and ensure all PIP items are complete and align with Hilton standards prior to conversion/opening of the hotel
- Immediately resolve any issues, deficiencies, or non-compliance with brand standards or with the PIP scope with hotel owner/franchisee. This includes issues discovered during review of submittals and during the progress of the renovation
- Continually update and input project data in Hilton’s tracking system. Provide accurate forecasted construction start and hotel opening dates for senior management forecasting purposes and other Hilton teams critical to the hotel opening, such as brand support, information technology, and quality assurance
- Review and propose revisions to standards and prototype documents
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Successful ability to evaluate circumstances coupled with willingness to make decisions
- Ability to build trust and gain respect of owners, developers, design consultants, contractors, and Hilton team members
- Ability to understand and navigate complex circumstances
- Apply creative problem-solving skills while maintaining excellent owner relations
- Ability to work independently and take full responsibility for multiple projects at a time whilst collaborating with global support teams
- General understanding of building systems
- Experience prioritizing multiple projects from start to completion and experience in all phases of the design and construction process
- Understanding of construction sequencing and ability to accurately forecast construction timelines and completion dates
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of design/construction/renovation experience in development/construction/renovation projects
- Two (2) years of experience reading and interpreting construction documents (e.g. architectural and engineering plans)
- Two (2) years of experience using negotiation and influencing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 40-60% travel
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Design, or Construction related field
- One (1) year of experience in the hospitality/hotel industry or in brand development
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, a 401(k) savings plan, paid time off, and our travel discount. The salary for this role varies by applicable and specialized experience and location (Colorado & New York City applicants: Please click here for additional information). Subject to plan terms and conditions, you will be eligible to participate in the Hilton Annual Incentive (Bonus) Plan, consistent with other team members at the same level and/or position within the Company.