Senior Manager, Accounts Payable
Mejuri is the category-defining fine jewelry brand redefining luxury, your way. Feeling disconnected from an industry that typically markets to men, co-founder and CEO Noura Sakkijha leveraged her learnings as a third-generation jeweler to rethink the way women purchase jewelry—for themselves. In only seven years, and with a team of over 75% women, Mejuri has shipped over one million orders and opened retail stores across the globe, all while introducing new products weekly.
As part of Noura’s original vision to empower women to invest in themselves, the brand launched the Empowerment Fund to support underrepresented women and non-binary individuals with the tools to empower themselves. Mejuri continues to reach new customers through exciting community initiatives and expansion into international markets, such as the UK, Australia and Germany.
We are a team of retailers, creatives, technologists and strategists, and we are looking for someone special to join our team.
Who you'll be working with:
Hi, my name is Mengbin Wu, and I’m the VP of Finance at Mejuri. We are looking for a strong leader to join our team as a Senior Manager, Accounts Payable. We are looking for someone who is adaptable, flexible, can bring best practices, iterate on current processes and have a roll up their sleeves mentality, and is curious to find a way to find efficiencies with how we currently manager our day to day practices.
The Senior Manager, Accounts Payable will report to the VP Corporate Controller and work closely with the Finance Team. You will lead the Accounts Payable function to ensure the timely and accurate processing of invoices and reconciliations of vendor accounts. You will develop and implement standard operating procedures and internal controls for the accounts payable cycle and function along with supporting processes and procedures. Provide support to our dynamic team of accounting professionals and ensure completeness of expenses, costing, and maintain files and documentation.
What you'll do:
- Manage the Accounts Payable team, including staff hiring, training, performance management, coaching and development
- Ensure the integrity of the full cycle AP including accurate processing of the transactions, payments, and remittances while ensuring the appropriate expenditure approvals are received
- Scrutinize the expense and vendor ledgers to ensure expenses are accounted under proper - GL/Cost & profit Centre with appropriate supporting and Narration
- Direct the team through processes and controls, to enter invoices and code transactions into the accounting system, leading to accurate and timely processing, payment and resolution
- Develop Procure to Pay (“P2P”) strategy
- Develop, implement and monitor appropriate P2P Controls such as - Vendor onboarding validations/ Vendor Master Maintenance/ Agreement checking/ Invoice Approvals etc.
- Define SOPs for invoice booking and other checks such as three way matching of PO and Invoice, resolving mismatches if any and validation of agreements & arrangements with various vendors.
- Handle escalations and communications with the cross functions and vendors
- Identify areas of automation and digitization
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop processes and create efficiencies
- Manage Travel & Entertainment expenses, enforce policy, review expenses for appropriateness, and ensure timely reimbursement to employees
What you bring to the team:
- Accounting related university degree or College diploma
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in accounts payable and inventory management
- Proficiency in accounting and AP software
- Advanced Excel skills
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a natural ability to build relationships
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Strong accountability to meet deadlines and objectives with limited supervision
- Professional with the ability to deal with confidential information
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment dealing with ambiguity
- Extremely organized and ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Number of invoices process
- Invoice processing and payment accuracy; invoice coding accuracy
Things We Consider An Asset:
- Experience using NetSuite and/or Tipalti software
- Experience using Fulfil inventory management software
- Experience in eCommerce, manufacturing or consumer packaged goods industries
- Possess an accounting designation
Benefits At Mejuri:
- A minimum of three weeks vacation, plus personal days and three religious observance days.
- A hybrid work model for all corporate roles.
- ‘Mejuri Passport’ which allows employees who meet specific criteria to work in other locations for one month per year.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including mental health coverage, and generous personal and sick days for our full-time employees. We also offer bereavement leave, including miscarriage and stillbirth support.
- Parental leave salary top-up of up to 80%, as well as a personalized return-to-work transition and accommodation plan for full-time employees.
- Semi-annual performance reviews.
- Internal coaching department and learning and development to support career growth and plans for everyone.
- A generous product discount!
Please note that these benefits apply to full-time employees.
At Mejuri we embrace a hybrid working environment and support our corporate employees to be successful whether they are at home or in the office. The primary purpose of our offices is to drive collaboration and deepen relationships with one another.
Along with our central mission and vision, we have guiding values that set the tone for where we’re heading and how we work together. These values are behaviors that form our shared beliefs and approach to how we wish to work together at Mejuri, regardless of role, level, and work location. Our 8 core values help drive our decision making when we are cross collaborating, redefining luxury, and creating a sense of commitment and inclusion to help shape our company culture.
Our values are:
- FIND A WAY | We break down problems into manageable steps, explore creative solutions daily, learn from failure, and adapt quickly
- RAISE THE BAR | We share constructive feedback openly, continuously improve personal and team performance, collaborate and challenge for better outcomes
- CUSTOMER OBSESSED | We actively listen to customer feedback, make decisions that impact customers positively, continuously refine product, service, or customer interactions
- EMPOWERED OWNERS | We proactively address cross team challenges, willingly tackle any task big or small, take initiative, and lead by example
- JUST DO IT | We make informed decision quickly, encourage experimentation and learning, encourage thoughtful risk taking, embrace change, and stay adaptable
- HUMILITY | We acknowledge team contributions before self, acknowledge and learn from mistakes, maintain an open and receptive mindset, and promote a respectful work environment
- CURIOSITY | We seek out new challenges daily, ask questions to understand deeply, reimagine and innovate to drive progress
- DRIVE RESULTS | set clear goals and prioritize tasks, focus on high impact activities daily, monitor progress through clear metrics, stay persistent and solution orientated
Accommodation / Accessibility:
Mejuri does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application.