Senior Legal Manager
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $79 billion in net revenue in 2021, driven by a complementary beverage and convenient foods portfolio that includes Lay’s, Doritos, Cheetos, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, Quaker, and SodaStream. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including many iconic brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Beverages and Convenient Foods by Winning with PepsiCo Positive (pep+). pep+ is our strategic end-to-end transformation that puts sustainability and human capital at the center of how we will create value and growth by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for planet and people.
PepsiCo’s Law and Compliance & Ethics function helps to drive business objectives and achieve sustainable business results, while also protecting PepsiCo – legally, ethically and reputationally. Our structure follows the business, with dedicated lawyers and legal professionals supporting each Sector and their respective BUs/markets, along with Global Group/Corporate professionals to support certain practice areas and meet specific governance needs of PepsiCo, Inc.
Like all departments, we’re committed to working Faster, Stronger and Better. We’re continually looking for ways to leverage technology, simplify and enhance our processes, and expand and transform our capabilities. This allows us to accommodate evolving business needs and provide the best legal services to keep PepsiCo moving forward. We’re also committed to diversity and inclusion both within our department and the broader legal profession.
This is a hybrid position based in Plano, TX.
- Manage PepsiCo's North America litigation docket, including Commercial (IP, etc.), Label and Bottler litigation by recommending and engaging with outside counsel, liaising with internal business teams, reviewing complaints and demand letters and recommending appropriate responses.
- Implement the litigation strategy for North America litigation docket.
- Take proactive measures to mitigate legal exposure, including monitoring litigation trends and relevant case law.
- Prepare monthly litigation summaries for the Litigation team.
- Support litigation team in preparing internal communications regarding trends in food and beverage litigation for U.S. marketing lawyers and regulatory affairs teams.
- Support litigation team in preparing Quarterly Litigation Updates for Finance/Control reviews.
- Handle early resolution of litigation, including demand letter response/settlement agreements.
- Regular interactions with PBNA and PFNA senior lawyers regarding commercial litigation matters.
- Regular (daily / weekly) contact with outside law firms seeking guidance and collaboration.
- Daily contact with members of the litigation team, as well as PBNA and PFNA lawyers, to advise on pending litigation matters and/or to seek guidance and collaboration
- Develop tools to streamline litigation processes and minimize costs.
- Moderate travel may be required.
- JD from accredited law school
- 3+ years commercial litigation experience with a corporation or major law firm
- Excellent ability to effectively educate, train, counsel and advise clients
- Exceptional litigation and influence skills (both internally and externally outside PepsiCo)
- Excellent ability to manage and identify key issues with multiple complex inputs
- Ability to counsel and influence senior executives (VP/SVP) on strategic issues
- Exceptional ability to work effectively in team settings
- Strong ability to self-motivate and to prioritize effectively, in order to manage an extremely busy and complex agenda without compromising business needs
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills and resourcefulness
- Strong business acumen
COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for this role. Please note that all such company vaccine requirements provide the opportunity to request an approved accommodation or exemption under applicable law
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement