Senior IT Systems Administrator
Hi there, we’re Article. 👋 We’re an online furniture company creating remarkably better furniture experiences one sofa at a time. And as the Senior IT Systems Administrator, you’ll facilitate growth, keep our IT and telecom systems running, and develop our “Modern IT infrastructure” to meet the ever-increasing demands in our Vancouver HQ and remote distribution centers in the US, Canada, and Vietnam.
Why We Need You?
Our IT team has a number of projects on the go for their 2023 Roadmap. You will play a big part in driving those projects forward and helping the team achieve its goals #WinTogether
We understand that you may not have had exposure to “Modern IT” but that’s okay! Not every company operates as we do. We want someone who is keen to learn and grow with us.
Article makes beautiful, modern furniture, but we think like a tech company. Our founders are technologists, and the challenges you’ll solve extend far beyond eCommerce. Our technology teams create and integrate custom solutions that power our supply chain and home delivery in the pursuit of a smoother customer experience. You’ll do all this while growing your skills within a company that is redefining the furniture industry.
Size of Team and Dynamic:
We’re a hybrid team, and you will need to be on-site 3 days per week. The IT team is a close-knit group of 5 Particles, plus you, and part of the larger Tech department, which is 70.
What You'll Do
- You will evaluate, recommend, and lead the implementation of new infrastructure solutions that advance the target architecture in the Cloud.
- We are always looking to make our IT services “Remarkably Better”; you’ll work directly with the IT team to find ways to improve.
- You will be the senior technical advisor and the subject matter expert on technology providing recommendations on all new projects to ensure solution designs resolve the problem
- Work with full cloud-enabled IT back office infrastructure (Google Workspace, Office 365, JumpCloud, Torii, TalkDesk, Confluence, FreshWroks, etc.). We won't run our own servers on-prem.
- Investigate technical issues using your experience, documentation, and critical thinking skills to identify the cause and apply resolutions.
- Looking for the gaps in IT services and identify processes that can be automated and make recommendations to test and monitor systems’ performance
- Manage, monitor, and analyze network equipment, servers, and cloud resources, and ensure the continuous operation of IT and telecom services
- Specify and drive requirements with vendors and third parties to align our internal tooling efforts
- Collaborate with various Article teams to advocate for our departmental needs and design solutions for our business and internal stakeholders
- Assessment of company security implementations, identify security issues, prioritize fixes and create company security standards.
- Work with the IT Team to perform cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
- Problem solver. Resourceful. Continuous learner. Thinks outside the box.
- Lastly, you’ll need to pick up incoming tickets to provide onsite support.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator
- Modern IT, You have a broad knowledge of the modern approach to device management, SaaS applications, and the delivery of IT services to end-users
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure, SaaS applications, SaaS Integrations, supporting desktops, laptops, printers, mobile devices, and all peripherals including audio/video devices
- Exposure to administration of Directory Services, SSO, and centralized configuration management systems
- Exposure to Network and Cloud storage systems administration is a plus.
- Knowledge in the following tech:
- Hardware: Apple Macbooks, Lenovo, HP, Zebra, Netgear, Ruckus, CradlePoint, Logitech
- Software: Google Workspace, Amazon AWS, JumpCloud, Torii, FreePBX, Slack, Zoom, Office365, Adobe Suite, Freshworks, Tableau
- Security: Understanding of compliance and cybersecurity frameworks as they apply to decision-making and technical implementation;
- Network: CradlePoint, Netgear, Ruckus, Aruba
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment - things will change fast some days!
- Ability to work independently and understand when to escalate issues
- Adaptable and open to constant changes in priorities and able to work in a dynamic environment
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs
Perks and Benefits
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, beyond a competitive salary, we provide:
- A team-first environment where we win together. Article employs a wide range of experts and seeks to facilitate a culture of curiosity. We take on-the-job learning seriously, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
- State-of-the-art laptops with the tech and tools to easily collaborate while being remote
- We want Particles to have a sense of ownership, and be truly invested in the long-term interests of the company, we offer stock options after one year of employment
- Access to health and dental benefits package for you and your family with a focus on your total wellbeing
- Paid sick days and 4 weeks of vacation
- STD, LTD, and Group Life Insurance
- Access to a flexible spending account (FSA)
- Discounts on our products so you can experience firsthand why our customers love the Article experience and product.