Senior IT Specialist
We're hiring a Senior IT Specialist. We're looking for an experienced IT professional to join the IT Support team in our New York City office. As part of the IT Support team, you will report to the Product Owner and Manager of the IT Support team.
We're looking for an upbeat and engaged person to join our current IT team. At its core, IT is a support department which enables and empowers employees to do their jobs. We believe in people over process. You'll need to provide great customer service — you've got to love the people you help and love what you do.
You will manage IT projects from the research to implementation stage, break down tasks and collaborate across teams to complete projects. You are versed in Agile and methodologies and be able to work from both a product roadmap and an active incoming ticket system.
- Work on IT projects from research, implementation, through iteration.
- Provide escalation support for IT Specialists on the team.
- Build relationships with important partners across multiple teams and departments.
- Well versed in administering and interconnecting cloud-based SaaS services.
- Provide mentorship to IT Technicians and Specialists and other IT staff.
- Actively improve team procedures and assist with enforcement of established best practices.
- Proactively respond to, record, track, and close tickets as they come in. Details are important!
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software or network issues that end-users are having.
- Familiarity with Agile project management methodologies and tools (JIRA).
- Experience with office moves and build-outs.
- Knowledge of IDaaS platforms, including third-party IdPs.
- Experience with the lifecycle management process.
- Must be customer-focused and professional.
- Can both solve issues autonomously and can work with others when needed.
- Proficient in both following and creating thorough yet succinct technical documentation.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to use the tools at hand to resolve problems.
- Troubleshoot macOS, iOS, iPadOS, Windows, and general software issues beyond superficial problem-solving - but we do love turning it off and on again.
- Speed is essential, but accuracy rules the day.
- Experience with networking concepts, such as client VPN configuration, physical interconnectivity of devices, 802.1X network authentication… etc.
- Experience troubleshooting A/V setups for video conferencing, including Cisco Codecs and hosted solutions like Google Hangouts.
- Advanced management of the Google Workspace platform - GAM is your friend.
- Experience with JAMF at the 300/400 certification level.
- Experience work with AWS at the Cloud Practitioner certification level.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
At BuzzFeed, Inc., we want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.