Senior IT Service Desk Specialist
Based in Mount Prospect, IL, Mizkan America is a subsidiary of the Mizkan Group, a global, family-owned company that has been Bringing Flavor to Life™ for almost 220 years. As one of the leading makers of vinegars, condiments, and sauces in the United States, Mizkan America maintains 12 manufacturing facilities that serve the retail, foodservice, specialty-Asian and food-ingredient trade channels. We are committed to following our two core principles: continuously challenging the status quo and delivering only the finest products for our customers. Our leadership seeks out, embraces, and implements ideas for improvement from all of its employees. Transparency and accountability are two key factors that drive our company’s overall management approach.
We are looking for people who are seeking to deliver their best so that we can deliver ours. Above all, we’re dedicated to maximizing the potential of our greatest assets—our team members. That’s reflected in our ongoing commitment to recruit, develop, reward and retain our talented, multicultural workforce. We hope to see you as part of our team’s future success!
The Senior IT Service Desk Specialist is responsible for day-to-day support of the Service Desk activities. This person will work closely with end users and other team members to provide the highest level of service possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface directly with end users, providing technical support for a variety of computer and network hardware, software, and services, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office applications, workstations, iPads and Android tablets, printers, and networking.
- Monitor ticket system and prioritizing requests and incidents accordingly.
- Assist in the resolution of technical problems by researching and troubleshooting solutions with other team members.
- Install, configure, and maintain desktops, laptops, printers, tablets, video conferencing and other peripherals.
- Assist with installation and maintenance of networking devices.
- Perform regular hardware and software maintenance checks.
- Maintain an inventory of equipment supported by the Service Desk.
- Manage user accounts and permissions in Active Directory
- Create and maintain documentation of assets and systems.
- Develop SOP’s and supporting documentation for all IT policies and procedures.
- Train new users on proper usage of systems and applications and host continuous trainings for current users as necessary
- Escalate issues to management or other team members.
- Stay up to date on new relevant technologies and provide recommendations as needed.
- Provide after-hours support, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or 3-5 years of directly related work experience.
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service and provides a “people-first” experience with end users.
- High sense of urgency and a commitment to timely and accurate completion of tickets and projects.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple high priority tasks concurrently.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Fundamental understanding of networking.
- Hands-on experience in supporting IT.
- Proficiency in Microsoft technical stack of products, including Windows, Office, O365 and Intune.
- Active Directory management experience.
- Understanding of Project Management fundamentals
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to travel (20%)