Senior IT Security Analyst
Epson, a $10B global leader in high-quality consumer electronics, imaging, and point of sale printing devices, is seeking an exceptional Senior IT Security Analyst to join our Cybersecurity, Privacy, and IT Compliance team.
This position can be 100% remote, or if you are local and prefer you can work a hybrid schedule out of Epson America's headquarters in Los Alamitos, CA.
The Senior IT Security Analyst will be responsible to monitor and detect risks to the organization, identify sources and methods of attack, locate, and preserve electronic evidence as needed. The candidate should have the skill set to analyze, recommend, develop, implement, and maintain systems and processes that protect business and client information. Responsibility can consist of performing risk assessment, security analysis, and developing remediation plans. Able to work with little supervision while supporting security programs as part of the security response team. Good written communication skills required as person will be responsible for preparation of formal reports. Act as mentor, providing training for colleagues on compliance and security practices.
Summary of Duties:
- IT Security Administration: Primary goal is to reduce downtime and maintain the capacity for future growth due to security issues within Systems and Networks.
- Ensures that application security architecture/designs, plans, controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures is align with IT standards and overall security.
- Documentation: Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented security systems/networks and update for each systems/network changes.
- Engage in projects related to information security
- Provide assistance in the implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of the information security program into in-scope operational areas (gap analysis, risk assessment, third party assessments, procedure/specification development, execution of recurring procedures, incident response)
- Perform the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with industry best practices.
- Experience working with multiple operating systems, with expert level knowledge of Linux, Windows, and OS X
- Experience securing and architecting cloud based infrastructures (e.g. Amazon AWS and Azure) including being familiar with cloud security automation tools (Cloudwatch, Gitlab, Ansible, Cloud Conformity, or similar tools)
- Lead/drive processes to identify security vulnerabilities with networks & systems; provide technical advice & support to ensure vulnerabilities is address promptly.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining internal procedures to ensure data security, including incident response handling
- Evaluating and improving the existing internal security framework and compliance within the organization
- Meet with project teams and other system architects to develop system designs and project plans that include the appropriate security controls and meet security standards.
- Understand current as well as emerging security threats and design security architecture to mitigate threats where possible.
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in information technology security or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CISSP, CISA or SANS GIAC certification preferred
- Understanding of application, network, operating system, and core infrastructure security concepts and concerns
- Expertise with SQL Server and web servers
- Knowledge on security monitoring tools such as UTM, IPS, IDS and other security appliances
- Must be very comfortable with technical elements of network security and design, to include TCP/IP, firewalls, IPS/IDS, routers
- Project management, organizational and prioritizing skills
- Understanding of WAN, MPLS, and technologies such as VoIP beneficial
- Working knowledge of common information technology management frameworks such as ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL, COBIT, and NIST
- Must be willing to work outside normal business hours as needed.
Epson America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.