Senior IT Project Manager
Verano Holdings is a national, vertically integrated operator of licensed cannabis cultivation, manufacturing, and retail facilities. The Senior Information Technology Project Manager will report directly to the EVP – Information Technology. The IT PM is responsible for the management and/or oversight of projects and programs existing within the IT portfolio and infrastructure. The IT PM will provide a mix of individual project support as well as overall portfolio management to achieve short, medium, or long-term project goals, (expressed in terms of time, scope, budget, quality, and risk).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages assigned IT projects to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope of project.
- Develops, maintains, and revises proposals for assigned projects including project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, timelines, funding, and staffing.
- Sets and tracks project milestones; manages and accounts for unforeseen delays, then realigns schedules and expectations as needed.
- Establishes and implements project communication plans, providing status updates to affected staff and stakeholders.
- Collects, analyzes, and summarizes information and trends as needed to prepare project status reports.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 5 or more years in information technology and project management experience
- BS or BA degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Experience managing Infrastructure programs and projects preferred
- Strong ability to independently manage medium to high risk, high complexity projects
- Ability to consistently set clear expectations, manage team performance, and build high morale among team members
- Advanced proficiency with project management standards, processes, procedures and guidelines using both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Pronounced bias to action and a sense of urgency; able to quickly form, communicate and defend a point of view. Demonstrated ability to think-on-the-feet and make quick decisions
Physical and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain in a stationary position, move and/or position oneself, communicate, operate and/or prepare, place, position objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally move packages weighing up to 10 lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close observation and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual, with or without reasonable accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We place priority in an environment of inclusion, diversity and social justice and are committed to securing a better, brighter way forward for our employees, our markets and our communities.