Senior IT Compliance Analyst
Are you an experienced IT compliance professional looking for a remote work opportunity? Do you enjoy collaborating with others to perform audits, setup controls and improve processes? If so, we have the perfect role for you!
We’re searching for an experienced professional to plant their roots with us as a Senior IT Compliance Analyst. In this role, you will collaborate with all levels of the organization to support IT audit planning, development, and implementation. You will leverage your deep knowledge of compliance, operational processes, and IT to build effective control management programs in our global markets including Canada, Europe and South America. Sound interesting? Here is a little more…
As a Senior IT Compliance Analyst you will…
- Support the Enterprise Risk and Assurance and IT team on IT audit planning, program development, special projects and preparation for IT SOX initiatives
- Act as an internal IT auditor and lead for Systems Delivery Lifecycle (SDLC) project audits, operational ITGC audits, as well as adherence to other relevant policies
- Lead the execution of IT audit activities, including the daily operational monitoring checks, periodic inspections points, fulfillment of IT audit requests, and coordination of training/awareness campaigns
- Assist with management and development of corrective action plans for IT audit issues or challenges identified
- Ensure continuous improvement of IT compliance conditions by conducting analysis, reviewing industry requirements, providing recommendations to senior leadership, and creating and updating policies and procedures in IT to adhere to internal and external regulations
- Develop and implement effective reporting to keep project stakeholders and senior management informed on key IT compliance metrics
- Review all new products, systems, or processes to ensure compliance and provide training to applicable users
- Coordinate SOX and ITGC Control Report Reviews, IT KPI Score Card, quarterly vulnerability scans and annual penetration testing and perform the annual PCI DSS self-attestation review and submit file to payment processer
- Maintain the control reviewers listing for the ITGC SOX controls and Business Application Owners reviewers and work with external auditors to coordinate collection of evidence and attend walkthroughs
- Maintain auto notifications from SNOW for scheduled tasks and ensure proper control owners are receiving the scheduled tasks
You’re the ideal candidate if you have…
- Post-secondary education, such as a Bachelor’s Degree, in Computer Science, Business Administration or relevant field
- 5 years of relevant work experience supporting IT compliance, reporting, auditing, controls, program planning and special projects in a SOX public company environment (we would also welcome an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience)
- Strong background in creating and maintaining IT policies, standards, processes, and procedure documentation and using MS Office
Bonus points if you have…
- A CIA or CISA designation (or are in the process of pursuing)
- Experience working with Systems Development Life cycle framework and systems such as ServiceNow, Sage X3
- Experience with the following regulations:
- Canadian Federal and Provincial Privacy Regulations
- HIPPA and PHIPA
- Records Management
- Sox and C-Sox
We can’t wait to meet you if you are…
- An analytical professional with strong problem-solving skills who can think outside the box and have courageous conversations to drive creative solutions and ensure IT compliance
- A methodical individual who leads with a proactive approach to anticipate needs and push the organization forward to drive value and achieve long-term success
- A collaborative team player who enjoys working with others to achieve goals, build processes and improve operations
- A dynamic navigator who thrives in a multi-faceted environment where they can tackle new challenges and manage a variety of projects
Why you’ll love working at Aurora
Our people are at the heart of everything we do here at Aurora, and we take pride in fostering an inclusive space that inspires our team to love where they work! From rewarding career opportunities to flexible work environments to team activities, we go above and beyond to prioritize your success and here’s how we do it…
- Flexibility: you will enjoy a flexible work environment that is the perfect blend of work and fun! You will be empowered to achieve work-life balance with flexible hours, remote work options, vacation time, meeting-free-Friday-afternoons and more!
- Total rewards: we will motivate you to go above and beyond with a competitive salary, stock options, an RRSP program, annual bonuses, and a health and personal care spending account for you to use for gym memberships, ski passes or staycations.
- Benefits: we will foster your health and wellness (and your dependents) with our employee benefits package including, employer-paid health and dentalcare premiums, life insurance and LTD policies and a medical cannabis coverage program, designed exclusively for our A-Team, that will provide you with $3,000 of coverage each year (because we truly believe cannabis is the best medicine).
- Life-long learning: we’re lifelong learners here at Aurora and will invest in your professional development throughout all aspects of your career! You will have access to a tuition assistance program, virtual learning activities and annual performance reviews, to ensure you are provided with the toolkit and support you need to succeed.
- Perks: we love to celebrate our people by providing corporate perks including employee discounts, perkopolis memberships, company SWAG, paid volunteer time, modern technology and snacks and beverages at all our office locations.
- Team: we are a diverse and global team of cannabis enthusiasts, energetic innovators, fitness gurus, caring parents, foodies and more, with a collective passion to nurture an inclusive environment that helps you grow and provide people better days with cannabis.
Apply today by submitting your resume through our website. You can expect your application to be reviewed by our Talent Acquisition Team and we will contact you if we see a fit via email.
Think you’re the ideal candidate but you don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyways. We would love to review your application to see if you’re the right fit or find you an alternative opportunity. Not the role for you? Share this posting with your network while subscribing to our Talent Community to learn more about upcoming opportunities (hot tip: if you are an Aurora employee, take advantage of the employee referral program by sharing this posting with someone in your network! If they are the successful candidate, you may be eligible for a bonus!).
Diversity and inclusion
At Aurora, we are proud to foster and celebrate a diverse community of professionals! We take pride in nurturing an inclusive culture that empowers our people to be their authentic selves, celebrate their differences and love where they work.
Our diverse community combined with our inclusive culture, is what sets us apart in the industry and equips our A-Team with superpowers – and this is why, we encourage all candidates to apply for job opportunities regardless of race, national origin, colour, religion, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital and family status, disability, or any other identifying characteristic. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site or alternate format of job posting) during the recruitment and selection process, please do not hesitate to let our team know!
Health and safety
Our mission at Aurora has always been to improve the health and wellness of our core community. We strive to create a safe, healthy, and inclusive environment for our team and strongly believe introducing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy will help us achieve this.
As of February 2022, Aurora has introduced a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees and as a condition of employment, all candidates must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or receive an approved medical or human rights accommodation prior to commencing employment with Aurora. If proof of vaccination is not provided or a request for accommodation is not approved, the offer of employment will be rescinded.
If applicable, Aurora Human Resources will contact you via your email address provided. We do not contact candidates over Facebook or other Social Media apps. You will never be requested to provide confidential information such as banking information or your Social Insurance Number in the interview process.