Senior iOS Engineer
Spotify is a global community of over 250 million music fans, artists, and now podcasters. It's always been our mission to make audio more accessible for everyone, and create innovative ways for creators and fans to connect with each other.
As part of the Music Mission here at Spotify, our goal is to empower artists to build sustainable careers by connecting with their fans. To foster this connection, we’re building engaging interactive experiences for artists to share their latest music, art, and offerings with their top fans, and for fans to support their favorite artists. Our areas of expertise include interactive online experiences, e-commerce, and an exploration of emergent trends in digital fandom.
We are looking for a thoughtful, well-rounded iOS Engineer to join the band. As a member of our team, you will be building new experiences and touchpoints that empower artists to better connect with their fans on Spotify. Our iOS stack is a mixed codebase of Swift and Objective-C, with Swift as the main language. We're keen to find an engineer who has experience with or curiosity for other engineering domains to complement their iOS expertise.
You will join our innovative and collaborative engineering team as we work to iterate quickly in this unique opportunity space, crafting solutions that address both artists and fan needs.
What You'll Do:
- Join dozens of other developers to help to craft the direction of iOS development at Spotify.
- Facilitate collaboration among our full-stack team of engineers, product managers, and designers to solve exciting and ambitious problems for delivering value to artists and fans alike.
- Architect, build, and deliver high-quality, cutting-edge iOS apps.
- Coordinate technical projects across multiple teams and systems within Spotify.
- Write clear, maintainable code that will scale across a number of projects and distributed development teams; taking on operational responsibility for the components you develop.
- Learn, grow, and support engineering peers with different domain expertise through code reviews, mentorship, or engineering initiatives. With the freedom to acquire new skills across different domains, through reading groups, lectures, and a wealth of internal training courses.
Who You Are:
- You know how to write readable, idiomatic and maintainable Swift/Objective-C, and have an interest or knowledge in another domain.
- You have a deep understanding of iOS application design patterns and API design.
- You have demonstrated proficiency working with APIs and protocols such as gRPC, REST, GraphQL.
- You care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code.
- A self-motivated individual contributor and teammate that is able to multitask, prioritize and communicate progress in a constantly evolving environment.
- Love building positive relationships with colleagues and multiple customers and can explain sophisticated topics in simple terms.
Where You'll Be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer to work from an office? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern time zone for collaboration.
Our global benefits
- Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
- Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
- Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
- All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
- Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
The United States base range for this position is $156,275 - $223,250, plus equity. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.