Senior Internal Communications Analyst
The Senior Internal Communications Analyst is responsible for the content, quality and cadence of all employee communications within POLS globally. In addition, the role uses an established change framework and provides organizational development and change management expertise to drive the success of HR and major POLS programs. This position will play a lead role in uniting POLS around the vision and strategy set by the ELT, and partnering with the functional leadership teams to ensure that initiatives are clearly communicated to key stakeholders. This role must bring both experience in building effective communications plans within complex organizations, as well as an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit for content creation and development. The ability to read political landscape and to address change communications with empathy are critical to the success of this position.
- Develop and execute comprehensive internal communications and change framework to lead organizations through periods of change and transformation (e.g. Terranova, strategic review, Enrollment performance initiatives, etc.), and ensuring an audience first approach.
- Work with Managing Director, VP of HR and Sr. Director, Strategic Operations to develop content and design internal presentations, documents, and communications that clearly communicate the POLS mission, vision, and strategy, in order to quickly and effectively gain buy-in for change and understanding of how individuals and teams may contribute.
- Work with Executive Leadership Team and Sr. Director, Strategic Operations to develop and deliver executive communications.
- Partner closely with internal teams, such as Executive Leadership, HR, Workforce Management and Marketing & Enrollment leadership to stand up and maintain effective internal communications channels (e.g. monthly POLS newsletter).
- Develop methods to collect the voice of the team to identify trends in employee understanding of strategy and employee satisfaction.
- Advance POLS Ways of Working initiatives by planning, hosting, and/or facilitating large-scale communication forums (functional, global POLS town halls, etc.), meetings, workshops to improve organization role clarity and effectiveness – drive to decisions. Report progress and ongoing recommendations
- Maintain accurate distribution lists and org charts as needed.
- Develops internal communications materials including organizational announcements, policies and procedures, compensation, benefit changes, etc.
- May develop organization communication policies and procedures.
- Creates , implements, and oversees communications programs that effectively describe and promote the organization and its products.
- Assists in the preparation of presentations directed towards employees.
- 4-year degree from an accredited institution in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or equivalent discipline OR appropriate combination of experience and education
- Strong knowledge of communications best practices and techniques
- Excellent writing techniques
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, data visualization tools, virtual meeting, collaboration/whiteboarding tools and mainstream social media channels
- Great attention to detail, excellent organizational acumen and ability to operate with high level of autonomy and professionalism
- The ability to multi-task, and work well under pressure with tight timelines
Compensation at Pearson is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. As required by the Colorado and New York City laws, the pay range for this position is as follows:
Minimum full-time salary range is between $80,000.00 - $90,000.00.
This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program, and information on benefits offered is here .
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company.