Senior Interior Designer
Great news, we are looking for
Senior Interior Designer – Santa Monica
Who are you reporting to?
Tell us about yourself
Do you question the norm, design with passion and want to Build what’s next? If so, you might be a great fit.
Who we hire
No two people are alike and we like it that way. We do require team players who have proven design talents, exceptional critical thinking skills, excellent graphic, verbal, and written communication skills. Candidates should also possess an exceptional ability to create, deliver, and present the highest quality design packages.
Are you a highly motivated creative designer who thrives in the conceptual design process to create experiences that are focused around telling the client’s story?
Do you have out of the box solutions for complex design tasks?
Do you have a keen eye for using materials and products in new and interesting ways?
This senior position requires 8+ years of professional commercial design experience with NCIDQ certification preferred. Your primary focus will be producing thought provoking creative design solutions for a diverse group of exciting clients.
- Graduate of an accredited Architecture or Interior design school
- Outstanding design skills, excellent presentation ability, and an ability to lead multiple design teams across various sectors
- Extensive knowledge of furnishings and finishes as well as budget preparation skills
- Ability to lead project teams through project phases from programming to construction documentation
- Experienced with interior detailing, construction documentation and thorough knowledge of coordinating and integrating MEP systems
- Understanding of project finances and project management processes
- Knowledge of sustainability and wellness strategies including LEED, WELL and other green rating systems
- Active involvement with junior staff mentorship
- Interest in business development acumen and an ability to foster new client relationships while deepening existing ones
- Basic knowledge of building and accessibility codes
- Revit, SketchUp, Enscape or other rendering software and Adobe Creative Suite proficiency is required
How we value our team
We want you to be healthy, happy, and fulfilled. Standard benefits include medical, dental and vision insurances, vacation, paid time off, flexible spending, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, travel insurances, reimbursement for professional licensing/certification exam fees, continuing education programs, 401(k) and commuter benefits.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or disability status.
We strive to go beyond by constantly improving ourselves and our work. Our wellness program offers perks that vary by office location. For example, you may be enjoying an afternoon stretch session in L.A or joining an early morning meditation session in New York. Your well-being is important and offering Summer Friday hours is one way we embrace a healthy work-life balance. Keeping our minds fulfilled is just as important, we are proud to offer in house training courses led by HLW teammates. Courses range from topics like public speaking to firestopping 101. Need an afternoon snack? We offer snacks and drinks to stay happy, healthy and focused. Need a little help achieving your goals? No problem, we’ve got that covered. We have a mentor program to help you achieve success! Sound interesting? Check us out on our social media platforms like LinkedIn or Instagram @hlw_la and @hlwinternational for more details.
*****Please combine work samples and resume as one pdf before uploading (required)******