Senior Information Technology Support Manager
Come be a part of our mission and make a meaningful and positive impact with the industry leading provider of language services for the Deaf and heard-of-hearing.
- Paid Vacation Time and Paid Sick Time and Paid Holidays
- 401k 6% match with immediate vesting
- Nationwide Medical Insurance plans and coverage (Medical, Dental/Orthodontia, Vision)
- HSA company match
- 3 Medical plan options including a Low Deductible PPO Medical Plan Offering
- Employee Assistance Program
- Engaged Employee Resource Groups
- Outstanding Learning and Career Development Opportunities
Pay Range: Actual pay may vary up or down depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for incentive compensation.
This position is for Local Candidates with Hybrid Schedule
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead IT Support team with operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Accomplish IT Support objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, goal setting, counseling, and guiding employees.
- Define KPIs that support the objective of developing a world class IT Support organization with and emphasis of ITIL best practices and a holistic ITSM mindset.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT endpoint infrastructure and systems.
- Develop and implement all IT endpoint policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Manage an IT support team consisting of both direct and indirect reports
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to determine needs and refine support process to meet mutually agreeable KPIs
- Develop and implement documentation requirements for Knowledge Management and Problem resolution.
- Achieve IT Support operational objectives by maintaining and supporting current systems; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT endpoint systems.
- Evaluate, recommend, test and install new technology;
- Contribute information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
- Prepare and complete action plans.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions in support of procurement efforts.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Extensive application support experience.
- Experience implementing ITSM processes including Incident Management, Request Fulfillment, Knowledge Management, Problem Management, etc.
- Experience supporting desktop including Windows, patching and updates, virus protection, encryption, and activity directory,
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong understanding of human resource management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Strong understanding of project management principles.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Team player with positive attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT Operations issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating business cases, budgets, and so on.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Our Mission…Harnessing the power of language, we connect diverse people and enrich the human experience.
Our Vision…To provide global language services that expand opportunities, nurture belonging, and empower the world to connect beyond words.
As one of the world’s leading language services providers, Sorenson combines patented technology with human-centric solutions. We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility for underrepresented people through communication solutions for all: call captioning and video relay services, over-video and in-person sign language and spoken language interpreting, translation, real-time captioning, and post-production language services.
Sorenson’s impact vision and plan extends to supporting employment opportunities for diverse employees, customers, and communities. As a minority-owned company, we are committed to expanding opportunities for underserved communities while promoting an inclusive workplace for our own employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
- Sorenson Communications is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)