Senior Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor
Wood is actively recruiting for a Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor to join our EPC Americas team at Cabot in Ville Platte, LA, ending Feb, 2024
Responsibilities to include
- Developing annual HSE improvement plans in line with Company and Client strategic and business
- unit objectives
- Managing the project HSE interface requirements; ensuring compliance with all existing interface
- documents and in the development of future plans
- Ensuring the requirements stipulated in HSE interface documents/plans are communicated to all
- relevant personnel
- SupportingHSE incident investigations and undertaking the appropriate reporting requirements
- Assist in coordinating internal and external audits
- Communicating the important messages from incidents and accidents as a part of the Lessonslearned
- process to all relevant parties
- Promoting and communicating lessons learned from within their own project; reporting deficiencies
- within project and corporate functions and recording all reportable issues within company action
- tracking and incident reporting systems
- Ensuring that emergency response arrangements are in place and are communicated to all
- personnel; ensuring that project requirements align with Client requirements if these take
- Liaising with and building relationship with Client HSE Reps and site Safety Reps as required
- Managing attendance and participation at project HSE meetings, workshops and forums
- Maintaining a system for monitoring HSE performance
- Developing a site HSE visit programme for both self and for project/contract management and for
- Corporate HSE management
- Promoting workforce involvement in all HSE activities, initiatives and program
Skills / Qualifications
- OSHA 510/500 or equivalent in Technical, HSE or related industry
- 2-5 years in a technical role, or association with HSE role in another industry
- Familiarisation with industry regulations
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Effective/competent MS Office Suite User
- High level of communication skills in both written and spoken format
- Effective 2-way communicator, comfortable with presentation of HSE presentations and
- programmes, able to build strong working relationships with peers.
- Comfortable in both client and other 3rd party environments; able to build exemplary working
- relationship with client and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrable commitment to company and client value
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Good communication and team-working skills
- Commitment to HSE and in particular safety and assurance and the need to drive down incidents
- and accidents across the Industry
- Trustworthy and approachable
- Eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.