Senior Graphic Designer
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Our diagnostic solutions are used in hospitals, laboratories, and clinics around the globe. The crucial information derived from our tests, instruments and informatics systems are often the first step in patient care decision making for hundreds of health conditions from heart attacks to blood disorders to infectious diseases and cancers.
WORKING AT ABBOTT
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Our location in Irving, TX, currently has an opportunity for a SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER reporting to the Global Support Services Manager in Abbott Core Diagnostics. The Senior Graphic Designer will work with cross-functional teams to plan, develop, and publish approved material for the global field organization who support our patients and customers. The Senior Graphic Designer will work cross-functionally with core team and functional managers to ensure that projects meet objectives and timelines.
WHAT YOU’LL WORK ON
- Comprehensive experience in instructional design, adult learning theory, e-learning, and web-based training methods for ILT, VILT and certification sessions
- Represents the entire cross-functional team to the organization
- Create web-based training, responsive courses, instructor led courses, just-in-time training, job aids, training manuals and interactive presentations
- Identify and help clear barriers to maintain effective and timely progress
- Lead Ensure scope and timelines are met, set project priorities based on constraints within scope
- Participate in activities across numerous functions to meet the objectives of a given program including scope and schedule
- Communicates with all levels of the organization, from engineers to the President in order to represent the objectives, risks, and needs for the program.
- Lead activities across numerous functions to meet the objectives of a given program including scope, budget, and schedule
- Establish and maintain appropriate program and product documentation process
- Provides guidance to core team members to assist in resolving conflicts and clearing barriers to maintain effective and timely progress towards project completion.
- Maintains the overall project plan and schedule for the core team to ensure project meets divisional goals
- Facilitate all team meetings. Issue agendas and minutes. Track progress against the project plan, business plan, project contract, and action items
- Assist in resolving conflicts within and outside the team
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline appropriate to the project environment or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 5 years relevant experience
- Participates with a team of product subject matter expertise to ensure the team charter and project goals are met in a timely manner
- Participate on division-initiatives to identify process improvements to accelerate projects
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience
- Adobe Creative Cloud Certification
- Takes initiative, Drives innovation and change. Proven ability to manage to plan and resolve issues. Effectively clarify issues and actions
- Polished communicator- written documentation and oral presentations/ discussions/ meetings
- Excellent reputation for building relationships across various levels of an organization.
- Project management tools including MS project, excel, and power point
Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $71,300.00 – $142,700.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.