Senior Graphic Designer
San Francisco, CA
Workday is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced, Account Based Marketing Graphic Designer to join our talented in-house Marketing Creative Services team. The ABM Graphic Designer is responsible for creating tailored marketing communications that drive engagement and elicit response within target accounts. Must have a solid foundation in print and digital demand generation with a focus on generating and fostering relationships within select accounts.
This role requires traditional design skills, but will also challenge the designer to create new, innovative ways to reach and influence our audiences. This candidate must know and understand how to follow brand guidelines and styles and adapt them for the needs of the audience in creative executions. Applicants must be multi-faceted, multi-disciplined, with a willingness to learn new skills and mediums and come to understand the ebbs and flows of consumers’ needs and values.
We believe that telling a great story to our current and prospective customers is just as important as the products we sell. This individual must be able to demonstrate (via online portfolio) knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm with visual design and storytelling via design. This position can be based in either our Pleasanton headquarters or our San Francisco office, but will be a work-from-home position until COVID restrictions are lifted.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Create engaging materials across any preferred medium with the end goal of engagement
- Nurture cross-disciplined relationships with team members of varying talents
- Generate new customers and sales
- Translate broad and conceptual ideas and turn them into engaging pieces of communication
- Help facilitate and deliver creative executions that drive ABM results
You Are a Fit For This Role If You
- Believe that design is only as effective as the messaging it is paired with
- Have a passion for copywriting, messaging, and typography
- Think that collaboration is a necessary and fun way to bring the best ideas and processes to life
- Have a sales-mindset in winning over prospects
- Challenge yourself to follow brand standards and use existing designs, but to be innovative and confident in knowing when and how to make something new
- Believe that, above all, delivering a well-designed final product is the best end result
- Can work with marketing and sales to ask the right questions to create a pitch, campaign, or deliverable from scratch and take an existing one to make it better
- Are detail-oriented and a masterful communicator that can bring together feedback and corrections from everyone involved on time from multiple partners
The Skill Set
- 5+ years targeted account design experience, Agency experience a huge plus.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of Figma is a plus, but not required
- A portfolio that demonstrates a strong understanding of targeted marketing and direct lead generation
- Strong eye for typography and layout
- Solid digital design awareness
- Comfort working both independently and as part of a team
- Desire to continue learning and willingness to embrace new skill sets
- Intermediate illustration skills
You Should Include These In Your Application
- A link to your online portfolio
- Your CV or LinkedIn profile
- A few words about why this role is interesting to you
As a federal contractor, Workday is requiring all new hires to verify that they are fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 within 72 hours of beginning employment with Workday, consistent with applicable law. Workday is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are not vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally-protected reason should contact email@example.com to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations or exemptions Workday is able to offer.
Pursuant to applicable Fair Chance law, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Are you being referred to one of our roles? If so, ask your connection at Workday about our Employee Referral process!