We are looking for an experienced full stack software engineer and technical leader who wants to build the software platform that will transform biomanufacturing. You will collaborate with electrical, mechanical, biological, and chemical engineers to build our core technology. Your work will quickly impact cutting edge biotechnology companies by helping them get their products to market faster and more efficiently.
Our software challenges are more than scaling a web platform: we model biological processes and operate mission-critical software within bioreactors.
You will work with our software, hardware and product teams to design and build both internal and customer facing software tools. These tools will help us run our bioreactors more efficiently, ensure generation of high quality data, and ultimately move the needle on the biotech revolution.
What you'll do
As a Senior Software Engineer at Culture Biosciences, you will be at the heart of our engineering process, building software that empowers our company to deliver best-in-class products and services. Your role will be pivotal in steering the technical direction of our team and laying down the foundation of our products.
Here's how you'll contribute:
- Design, plan and lead complex technical projects that require collaboration across various teams within the company.
- Own the initiative to recognize and shape cross-team plans for addressing and reducing critical technical debt.
- Coordinate inter-team efforts to unify product improvement, innovation, and quality assurance.
- Guide and mentor the software team through active participation in technical discussions and decision-making processes. Assist in assessing the tradeoffs of technical choices to ensure they meet our strategic objectives and user requirements.
- Continuously improve individual, team, and inter-team efficiency, productivity and developer experience.
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and cross-functional engineering teams to understand user needs and translate them into system requirements and features.
You are a seasoned software engineer who enjoys the challenge of building complex systems and is comfortable across the full technology stack. You bring a strategic approach to software development, with a keen eye for detail and a commitment to excellence. Here’s what we expect:
- 8-10 years of professional experience in software engineering, including a previous role as a technical lead
- Possess the leadership skills required to guide and influence the team, providing technical direction and mentorship
- Strong understanding of system design and architecture, with the ability to architect scalable, reliable, and performant software solutions
- Expertise in a significant portion of our technology stack, including Python, TypeScript, React, GraphQL, and AWS
- Versed in deploying and managing applications on AWS, with hands-on experience in automated CI/CD, containerization technologies, and infrastructure as code
- Passionate about up-leveling yourself and those around you through curiosity, mentorship, and fostering a collaborative and inclusive team environment
- Strong communicator interested in working on a multidisciplinary team
- Strong interest in biotechnology is a plus
In return, we offer a supportive environment. Our company values are:
- Lift others up. Because we all do better when we help each other succeed.
- Commitment to reliability. Our teammates and customers are counting on us.
- Think like an owner. Progress is driven by teams who care.
- Try new things. Big innovations start with small ideas and actions
Location & Schedule
- This is a remote or hybrid position based in the United States.
Base Salary Range
- Culture Biosciences's compensation package includes market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and great benefits. Our expected cash compensation for this role is $180,000 - $205,000. We are hiring for multiple levels and backgrounds so final offers may vary within the range provided based on experience, expertise, and other factors.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA (prorated based on start-date)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Unlimited responsible time off policy
- 12 weeks of parental leave at full salary
- Annual L&D stipend for conferences, continuing education, etc.
- WFH stipend of $500 for home office improvements
- For onsite employees:
- Commuter benefits
- Access to on-site child care facility, subject to availability
- Free onsite breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, and gym (varies based on COVID-19 restrictions)
Culture Biosciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. We seek to build a company that promotes inclusion and expands the diversity of our industry as a whole. We encourage people with identities underrepresented in biotech and technology to apply.