Senior Full Stack Engineer
Although we're an apparel and footwear-focused company, technology is central to everything we do. Columbia Sportswear’s Digital Technology (CDT) group enables an IT infrastructure and applications across four global brands, a global supply chain, and 500+ geographically dispersed stores. These teams support in-store, mobile, and data platforms to enhance customer interface and service in an ever-evolving industry.
As a Sr. Full Stack Engineer on our Planning Technology Team, you will play a vital role in improving the efficiency and accuracy of planning functions across the supply chain. You will design, build, and support software that drives decision making in a critical area of the company across a wide array of applications and technologies. You will partner with cross functional teams across CDT to advance technology practices at Columbia Sportswear.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Building business critical applications with an eye toward security, maintainability, performance, and testing.
- Collaborate with peers in an Agile environment.
- Solve problems and identify process improvement within the team. Actively learn and develop technical and non-technical skills.
- Build and cultivate a DevOps culture and mindset.
- Strengthen the team’s adoption of modern testing practices, deployment tools, and frameworks.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Provide excellent support to our group of business stakeholders.
- An experienced engineer in information systems, both custom and SaaS solutions, that thrives on solving business problems with technology.
- Able to understand and translate complex business process into into software solutions that meet defined outcomes.
- Curious and creative, always looking to deliver a superior product while working closely with a small scrum team.
- Self-driven and motivated to learn. A strong communicator with a technical vision for Columbia’s information management and engineering standards.
- Highly conversant in the culture and changing landscape of information technology.
- 5-8 years of professional experience building software across the full application stack
- Experience on an Agile software team (Scrum preferred)
- Deep SQL experience (T-SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Server preferred)
- Experience with cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud)
- Experience with ETL tools (SQL Server Integration Services, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Factory)
- Experience building .NET applications with an eye toward performance, scalability, security, and testing
- Experience writing efficient, reusable, and testable code in Python
- Experience with automated testing, CI/CD, and related tools
- Experience with highly integrated supply chain solutions (Blue Yonder, Logility) a plus
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one since 1938, working to perfect the art of enjoying the outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that strives to do the right thing.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.
At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.