Senior Financial Analyst, Product FP&A
San Francisco, CA
New York, NY
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you’ll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
These roles can be done from home
Building the world’s leading sound experience starts with the experience we provide for our people. That’s why we’ve been distributed from the start: initially between offices in Boston & Santa Barbara, and now with additional offices in Seattle, San Francisco & Paris. This role can be done from anywhere in the United States- any of our offices, or remotely from home. It’s about impact, not location.
The Product FP&A team is looking for a high performing Senior Financial Analyst, Product FP&A who can develop the financial model and business case for new product concepts. We are looking for someone to join our team who can conceptualize the business model for a product and leverage historical and forward-looking data to accurately forecast the potential for future products. The ideal candidate will be passionate about working for a company that lives its brand and delivers on its promise to create the ultimate home music experience.
What You’ll Do
- Develop financial models to assess new product opportunities and generate insights on product development initiatives
- Partner with product management, hardware, software and Go To Market teams to develop, stress test and strengthen the business cases for new products
- Help shape Sonos’ product roadmap by developing prioritization frameworks and stewarding key performance indicators to guide decision making
- Drive for increased fidelity in new product forecasts thru analysis of Sonos historical performance and an understanding of future market trends
- Contribute to revenue and gross profit forecasting for annual company long-range planning process and quarterly updates to product roadmap
- Perform ad-hoc analysis on subjects such as price elasticity, assessing the lifetime value of customers or the impact a new product has on sales of existing products
What You’ll Need
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria. If you don’t have 100% of the skills listed, we strongly encourage you to apply if interested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or similar field
- Minimum of 4+ years progressive experience working in FP&A, accounting, consulting or banking
- Advanced Excel or Google Sheets modeling and analysis skills, ability to analyze and summarize large data sets and make recommendations based on the data
- Experience partnering with internal employees representing a wide array of functions
- Critical Thinking & Analysis - Ability to look at situations and data from multiple perspectives, synthesize and evaluate what is useful for forecasting
- Problem Solving - Ability to identify and frame problems logically, clearly and apply reasoning to break problems down and identify a solution or path forward
- Customer Orientation - Proven ability to work cross functionally and experience communicating with or presenting to people at all levels of the organization with varying levels of financial literacy
- Familiarity with Google Workspace and collaboration tools
- Previous experience using Anaplan (or similar cloud forecasting tool), SAP and scalable dashboarding tools (i.e. Tableau, Microstrategy, etc.), basic SQL knowledge
- Experience working at a consumer product or manufacturing focused multinational consumer company
- Self-starter with right time first mentality, high integrity, intellectual curiosity, self-aware and humble attitude
At Sonos we consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, which may lead individual compensation to vary depending on job related qualifications, skills, and experience. All full time employees are eligible for merit increases, discretionary bonuses, and equity. Our job postings may span more than one career level and the base pay range may be modified in the future based on changing market conditions.
The starting base pay for this role for all US candidates is between:
$90,000 and $100,400
Please note that compensation details listed in US job postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits program with choice and flexibility in mind to help support the health, wealth, and overall well-being of our employees.
Regular full time employees in the US are eligible for benefits on day one, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- A 401(k) plan with company matching and immediate vesting
- An Open Time Off policy (OTO) so you have maximum opportunity to disconnect and recharge, with no tenure-based vacation accruals required
- 80 hours of sick time upon hire, refreshed annually
- Up to 12 paid holidays per calendar year
- 12 weeks of paid Bonding Leave following the birth or adoption of a new child, plus up to an additional 12 weeks of Medical Leave for birthing parents under our Short Term Disability policy
- Company-paid Disability, Life, and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary benefits, including Voluntary Life, AD&D, Accident, and Pet Insurance
- Mental health benefits to support your holistic well-being
- A generous employee discount program & paid streaming music services on the Sonos platform
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Your profile will be reviewed and you'll hear from us once we have an update. At Sonos we take the time to hire right and appreciate your patience.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.