Technical Accounting Group – NY, NY
COTY is looking for smart leaders who are tenacious, passionate, and fearlessly kind.
We’re looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Technical Accounting team. Reporting to a Senior Director, you will get to work across many different technical accounting matters, global accounting policy, external reporting, special projects and implementation of new US GAAP guidance.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for specific accounting areas and related footnotes in Forms 10-Q and Forms 10-K. Initial areas are expected to include share-based compensation, earnings per share, pension and other post-retirement benefit plans.
- Assist with accounting research on ad hoc technical accounting projects.
- Assist with documentation for external audit and review procedures.
- Work closely with key stakeholders in the development, revision and maintenance of the Company's Financial Policies & Procedures.
- Provide U.S. GAAP accounting guidance to subsidiary and corporate personnel, coordinate implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Perform Sarbanes-Oxley controls and certification processes quarterly.
- Manage ad-hoc requests made by senior management timely.
- Participate in special projects sponsored by senior management.
We’d love to see candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or similar field, CPA preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in public accounting (Big 4 preferred).
- Ability to deal with diverse levels of financial and operating personnel in a multi-national organization and multiple 3rd party external organizations.
- Ability to analyze financial performance and obtain valid explanations for variances.
- Ability to work independently, under general direction, and develop creative solutions to problems.
- Deadline oriented and the ability to easily adopt to changes.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Excel and Word.
- Knowledge on Workiva and Oracle Financial Consolidation and Close software is a plus
- Strong communication skills, organizational skills and teamwork ethics
- Process focused to include ability to follow, document and explain key processes and impact to accounting and reporting.
WHAT WE OFFER
This is unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact. You’ll get to work in a diverse environment with a team of professionals who are passionate about the work they do and know how to have some fun along the way.
Coty’s global omni-working policy provides the option to work up to 50% of your month remotely. We believe that a more flexible philosophy of remote working will give everyone the freedom to choose what works for their individual circumstances and empower them to always perform at their best.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you’re the kind of person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn faster and go further than you ever thought possible – we’d love to hear from you.
Coty is deeply committed to Changing the Conversation around Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in an effort to create a more open, inclusive, and diverse workplace where all employees can be their authentic self.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com.
We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities, experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Please click here to review the Notification of Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Base Salary Range: $89,000-$105,000