Senior Financial Analyst
MattelEl Segundo, CA15 days ago
Mattel is currently looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to act as a key member of the Global Supply Chain Finance Team, overseeing the financials of direct materials and sustainability. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn about and gain exposure to many different areas within Mattel, including Finance, Supply Chain, Sustainability and others. The position reports directly into the Global FP&A finance organization.
The position participates in oversight of the financial activity of the division, including consolidating, analyzing and reporting monthly actuals, forecasts and plan; as well as support strategic insights for sustainability.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Perform cost and variance analysis for actual and forecast reporting for Global Procurement.
- Drive cost reduction/optimization opportunities/initiatives and track performance monthly.
- Implement and improve business processes to report more quickly and efficiently.
- Process set up and improvement as it relates to direct materials.
- Participate in strategic initiatives that focus on efficient utilization of resources, require in-depth financial analysis and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Calculate and analyze risks and opportunities to aid senior management’s decisions to drive the business forward.
- Partner with Procurement and Sustainability teams to provide strategic business decision support.
- Provide business and financial guidance to all levels of the Global Supply Chain organization.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects simultaneously understanding priorities while meeting deadlines.
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills a must.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven, self-motivated and intellectually curious.
- Ability to collaborate, lead/facilitate meetings and develop/maintain relationships across the organization to enable effective completion of business objectives.
- Sound business judgment and ability to influence groups and/or more senior associates.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Two to five years in FP&A
- MBA or CFA preferred
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Consumer Packaged Goods/Retail industry of Supply Chain experience a plus
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.