Senior Finance & Strategy Manager
We are looking for a Senior Finance & Strategy Manager, reporting to a Finance & Strategy Director, to lead our Square Banking team. You will lead a team of three direct reports and serve as the lead finance and strategy partner to our Square Banking and Square Financial Service teams to plan and shape the strategy of our credit, checking and savings products. This position can sit in any Square office in the US or be remote from any US state with the exception of Alaska.
- Serve in a divisional CFO-like capacity for our banking products.
- Lead a team of three direct reports
- Create analyses that allow leaders to make clear decisions through strategic visible projects
- Forecast, analyze and report on our performance
- Work with senior leaders and partners to surface strategic insights
- Partner with Banking leadership to develop new strategies to increase growth both in domestic and international markets
- Work with leadership of Square Financial Services, Square and Block on capital allocation strategies
- Collaborate across Marketing, Data Science, and Business Intelligence (among other teams) to identify and understand complex relationships between different aspects of our business
- 9+ years of relevant experience, including a background in credit or consumer/merchant credit products
- Prior finance or strategy experience at a FinTech, bank or credit card network
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (can perform complex functions), there will be a case study
- Experience managing a team
- Commitment to Square's purpose of Economic Empowerment
- Experience with SQL and comfort working with large datasets, preferred
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.