Senior Finance Manager
"This role offers the unique opportunity to lead finance in a top 5 market within the US&C organization and two other dynamic and complex markets. The Senior Finance Manager will play a key leadership role within the cluster collaborating cross functionally with their commercial team and distributors to develop strategic plans to drive financial results". - Region Finance Director
What You Will Do in This Role :
The Senior Finance Manager leads, directs, develops and administers the financial activities of the assigned geographies. The Senior Finance Manager is responsible for the financial stewardship and business analytics for assigned geographies, including communication of business results, utilization of analytics, revenue growth management, and tight partnership with commercial leader to influence decision making processes. This includes development of budgets, forecasts, long-term strategic plans, ongoing analysis of results, risks and opportunities, as well as supporting other ad hoc projects as requested.
What You Can Expect :
Business Development & Management
- Leads all aspects of field finance for the assigned geographies including pricing strategy and margin performance, business reporting, financial modeling, profitability analysis, and overall profit optimization.
- Provides decision support and strategic counsel to commercial leader for assigned geography, as well as other key regional leadership, to help grow the business profitably.
- Partners with commercial team in leading and developing annual plans/forecasts, short term gap plans, as well as long term strategic plans at the P&L level (mainly through Gross Profit).
- Conducts through ongoing review of financial results, as well as through planning /forecasting processes, identify, communicate and manage risks and opportunities for the assigned geographies.
- Provides business analysis and reviews to local teams. Based on analysis, use information to facilitate decision making that may lead to development of remedial action plans (RAP).
- Working with commercial teams, facilitates RAP process and ensures proper post-RAP evaluation and communication of results to key stakeholders in order to guide future strategies.
- Partners with commercial leader and Region Finance Director in order to drive mutually beneficial business decisions with our distributor partners, including helping to negotiate and manage distributor margins.
Revenue Growth Management & Analytics
- Leads the commercial analytics process for assigned geographies and collaborates with key business partners to drive insights to action. Leads with Region Finance Director and commercial leader on business opportunities and gaps using directive business analytics including pricing analysis, programming effectiveness and ROI, brand business reviews, volumetric assessment and causal data, and economic & environmental assessment.
- Drives for efficiencies by closely collaborating across US&C Finance regions, and by utilizing US&C centrally provided resources and tools.
- Responsible for overall Revenue Growth Management for assigned geographies, including pricing and discounting management.
- Working with commercial leaders and Revenue Growth Manager, develops pricing strategy that is reflective of brand direction/guidelines and addresses the local sales and financial needs.
- Leads team in ensuring price structures are reflective of the current market conditions, transparent to key stakeholders, maintained in the price planning system (Vistaar), and in sync with distributor counterparts.
- Oversees analytics and governance of discounting for assigned geographies through the price reimbursement system (Vistaar).
- Utilizing internal B-F and distributor systems and resources, and by synthesizing information from sources such as Nielsen, NABCA, etc., maintains thorough understanding on business drivers impacting current and potential results.
- Models inclusive leadership, actively encouraging diversity of thought and contributing to an environment where all individuals feel respected, valued and heard.
- Builds strategic relationships and provides thought leadership to influence sound business decisions
What Exactly Are We Looking For ?
- Bachelor's degree plus at least 7 years of relevant experience; or MBA degree plus 5 years relevant experience; or equivalent education/experience combination.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of internal and external contacts. Ability to establish rapport with sales force management. Demonstrated ability to lead and influence teams.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex issues in a concise, clear manner.
- Ability to independently plan and prioritize multiple diverse work projects within the department.
- Demonstrated ability to apply sound business judgment to analytical projects and provide advice to line management based on the analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to independently prepare financial and/or strategic analysis with accuracy and within an established time frame.
- In-depth understanding of and experience with personal and ERP computer applications in a finance/administration environment, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, SAP, etc.
- Personal honesty and integrity. Ability to effectively handle confidential information and materials.
- Committed worker with ability to work flexible schedule to complete assignments with accuracy and meet deadlines.
What Sets You Apart :
- Prior experience in the wine and spirits industry or CPG industries
Brown-Forman Corporation is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. It is the policy of Brown-Forman Corporation to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status.