Senior Environmental Specialist
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations group. We are looking for a Senior Environmental Specialist to join our team potentially in a remote application. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be detail oriented and organized that seeks collaborative approaches.
*Remote or Hybrid Role
- As a Lead, review/prepare and provide compliance guidance for water quality and risk managment program requirements, and location specific EHS materials.
- As a Lead, prepare environmental compliance records such as: SARA Title III - Tier II reports, air emissions reporting and/or bulk pesticide state forms.
- Provide organizational assistance on special EHS related assignments pertaining to community outreach, EHS Engagement or other special projects.
- Provide assistance to more junior team members.
- Work with local, state, federal and tribal officials pertaining to EHS related activities.
- Assist with EHS due diligence pertaining to mergers and acquisitions.
- Create environmental programs, policies and procedures related documents to ensure compliance with the rules and implement best management practices such as Universal Wastes, Hazardous Wastes or other related EHS functionalities.
- Coordinate and manage various systems and databases.
- Prepare support information such as diagrams, letters, charts and project summaries for environmental permit applications.
- Prepare and provide reports to management showing current status projects, activities, reporting or other system elements.
- Verify compliance with regulations as well as assist locations develop programs and compliance strategies.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identifying and communicating workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 4+ years of experience in Environmental, Health and/or Safety
- Advanced knowledge of Environmental rules and regulations, and remediation techniques
- Advanced technical writing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented with a focus on accuracy and quality
- Ability to organize and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Occupational Health, Environmental Health and Safety, or related field
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.