Senior Environmental Project Manager
Langan provides expert land development engineering and environmental consulting services for major developers, renewable energy producers, energy companies, corporations, healthcare systems, colleges/universities, and large infrastructure programs throughout the U.S. and around the world.
Our employees collaborate seamlessly among 30+ offices and gain valuable hands-on experience that fosters career growth. Langan culture is entrepreneurial from advancing innovative technical solutions, to participating in robust training and knowledge sharing, to making progressive change within the communities we live and work.
Consistently ranked among the top ten “Best Firms to Work For” and Engineering News-Record’s top 50 firms worldwide, Langan attracts and retains the best talent in the industry. Employees thrive at Langan, a firm that embraces and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion; prioritizes wellbeing, health and safety; encourages volunteerism and philanthropy; offers workplace flexibility, along with carbon neutral office spaces; and empowers individuals to contribute their skills and knowledge to make impactful contributions.
Langan is seeking an Senior Environmental Project Manager to join its collaborative team in West Palm Beach, FL. This individual will serve a key function in identifying and managing environmental/engineering projects and proposals, conducting engineering research and analysis, and supervising field investigations and laboratory analysis.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to manage diverse projects, solve problems and overcome challenges in restoring the environment and returning blighted properties to productive re-use while protecting and enhancing the environment.
- Perform complex analyses for specific portions of broader engineering and environmental projects;
- Participate in the identification and pursuit of new clients, develop additional work within an existing project and attend business development meetings with new and existing clients;
- Provide direct oversight and management of junior staff for specific project assignments. Coach, train, and motivate staff assigned to Environmental projects. Participate in interviewing and hiring staff;
- Supervise field activities and ensure correct interpretations of findings. Ensure that data collection and laboratory analyses are completed correctly, within budget, and on time;
- Manage and deliver on multiple projects and tasks within specific budgets, schedules, and deadlines. Prepare progress reports and draft change orders. Prepare draft invoices, project billings, and assist in payment collections;
- Effectively organize, write, and edit reports, draft proposals, and other documents;
- Coordinate other work groups within the same or different office locations and/or within the same or different disciplines on an as-needed basis;
- Interface effectively and professionally with clients, contractors, subcontractors, staff, project personnel, supervisors, and others; and
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology, or Science; Master’s degree preferred;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of EPA, CERCLA, and RCRA regulations;
- 10+ years of practical experience with environmental investigations and remediation projects;
- Professional Geologist (PG) or Professional Engineer (PE) required;
- Strong people, project, and client management skills;
- Knowledge of quantitative/technical analyses and related software;
- Excellent public speaking, written, and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment; and
- Possess reliable transportation for client meetings and job site visits and a valid driver’s license in good standing.
Langan provides a rich array of programs and benefits to help its employees advance their careers and enhance the quality of their lives.
Our comprehensive compensation package includes: full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, and paid pregnancy disability leave; 401(k)/Roth with company match; paid time off including parental and military leave; employee referral and professional license bonuses; and educational reimbursement.
Langan offers employee resource groups; flexible work schedules; extensive training; wellness programs; buddy and mentoring programs; and much more!
Langan is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer committed to building a team that represents and values diverse backgrounds. Langan promotes a positive work environment of inclusion, where we respect each other’s differences and recognize that a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment is a key to our success.