Senior Engineering Manager
TwitterSan Francisco, CA - Boulder, CO - New York, NY - Remote, US - Seattle, WA10d ago
Who we are:
Twitter is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead a new Capacity Engineering team.
Twitter's Platform Engineering group is building a new team of software engineers and data scientists to create a new capacity management platform to predict demand, track supply, prioritize allocation, and examine utilization across a fleet of hundreds of thousands of physical servers in our private cloud and an expanding footprint in public cloud. We're taking a different approach, ditching spreadsheets and JIRA queues and instead focusing on building a simple, intuitive product for the Engineering users and for partners in Supply and Finance.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a full stack software engineering team.
- Work with customers, partners, and leadership to define the team's vision and strategy and to integrate it into the overall company strategy.
- Establish lean engineering processes that use collaboration, focus, and rapid iteration to build the right product for the right problems.
- Mentor, grow, and empower your team to realize their professional success.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, partners, and key customers and communicate fearlessly with them to build trust.
Who you are:
- You're a seasoned manager of software engineers who believes your success is measured by the success of your team.
- You have a strong software engineering background and are comfortable jumping into technical discussions.
- You're confident challenging the status quo by asking difficult questions while being highly collaborative and open to input.
- You're a skilled communicator and facilitator with experience driving consensus and collaboration in cross-functional projects.
- 5+ years of experience managing teams of 5 or more software engineers.
- No specific prior capacity experience is needed
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.