Senior Engineer, Software Quality
Universal Orlando Resort believes in-person collaboration is key to our success. Many of our Team Members work in a hybrid capacity, contributing from the workplace a minimum of three days per week. Some remote opportunities are available within specific departments. There are also roles that require being on-site full time. You’ll learn more about this during the application process.
The Senior Engineer, Software Quality will work closely with product and development teams to develop and execute test plans that ensure the best quality product delivered. He or She will analyze acceptance criteria and requirements to better understand features to help create test plan, test scenario, and test. The Engineer will test functionality of different features using different testing techniques.
- Create test strategy and test plans, including resource planning and test execution estimations.
- Analyze software design specifications, data requirements, and software requirements, to ensure proper test coverage; maintaining test cases as functionality changes
- Perform Automated and Manual testing and other duties needed as part of the overall Quality Testing Team
- Analyze failures and collaborate with Software Engineers to ensure root cause is investigated and assign resources in JIRA for remediation.
- Perform different types of testing: Functional, Automation, Regression, Data testing.
- Responsible to provide testing evidence for compliance approval.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college in Computer Science or Engineering required.
- 5+ years of testing experience with proven demonstration of testing expertise.
- Testing experience on mobile, web, API and Software Engineering concepts.
- Experience driving end-to-end software quality, including leading testing effort.
- Experience in writing test plans, API scripts, or test cases.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of analytics skills, Quality Assurance methodology and tools.
- Proven track record in creating and executing on highly effective quality processes, including test planning and estimation.
- Ability to innovate and simplify processes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively and proactively solve problems.
- Demonstrated leadership, presentation, and resource allocation skills.
- Strong commitment to department and company goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work efficiently.
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to be a team player while managing multiple tasks.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.