Senior Engineer, Logistics Support
SephoraMaryland, MD7 days ago
As a Senior Engineer, Logistics Support you will be responsible to support our DC network to identify, resolve, and provide root cause resolution to production systems/Issues, to include development and testing. Reporting to the Manager of Logistics Production Engineering, you will utilize a thorough knowledge of the local DC operational to system processes to ensure DC Operations is educated as needed to prevent recurring issues. In addition, you will:
- Leverage extensive Logistics Operational Process knowledge, JDA/RP systems knowledge, and advanced Development and Troubleshooting skills to resolve complex Logistics business incidents and quickly restore service when assigned high priority incidents
- Leverage extensive Logistics end-to-end Operational Process knowledge and automated systems knowledge (Reddwerks WES, Bastian WCS, Dematic WCS, ProShip Parcel Shipping) to quickly resolve complex Logistics business incidents involving integration with JDA/RP
- Development utilizing C, Java, C++, and SQL to provide mitigation of critical system issues in order to restore critical business functionality, and alerting of reoccurrence
- Assess system performance of all DC Systems and provide suggestions for continuous performance improvements via LoadRunner scripting
- Perform detailed analysis of Logistics business opportunities to design and implement quality and innovative technical solutions, both strategic and tactical
- Work with Product and Development teams to understand new business requirements, and ensure designed solutions support established Operational processes and initiatives – provide constructive feedback as required
- Leverage expertise to mentor other Engineers on the Logistics Support Team on best methods to quickly and effectively troubleshoot and resolve both system and technical infrastructure issues
- Offer expertise to actively participate in Development and Logistics Support Teams code reviews and test solutions to ensure they meet best practice specifications
- Make yourself available to provide weekend coverage as required (on rotation), and to travel to other Distribution Centers approximately 3 times per year
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 3-5 years of technical experience in JDA, RedPrairie application development & support of Warehouse Management System (JDA v8.2, RedPrairie)
- Experience with, and knowledge in, the following:
- C, SQL, PL/SQL
- LextEdit, oracular Moca clients, Winmsql
- SQL and RP/JDA table structures
- Oracle 11g and 12c
- Jira, Confluence
- Microsoft Sql server 2012
- Windows 7, Windows 2000/XP, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, HP AIX, RHEL 5/6/7 and Sun Solaris 8/9/10
- DLx Discrete 2006.x, 2009.x, 2010.x, 2011.x, 2012.x, 2014.x, 2017.x Versions
- DLx Logistix Integrator System 2006.x, 2009.x, 2012.x, 2014.x, 2017.x Versions
- RedPrairie Report Writer, Moca development, Data Driven Applications (DDA), WorkForce (Labor Management) Interface, Web Visibility (DLx LENS)
- Nice Label for Label Designer
- Crystal Reports, Jasper IReport
- SCCS, CVS, SVN, GIT Source Control, mloader
- Interfaces with Order Management and Middleware Systems
- Possess a working knowledge of DC operational practices and procedures, and a good understanding of Supply Chain and WMS concepts
- Experience working with Dotcom and Retail DC systems and Operations
- Possess proven experience working directly and collaboratively with DC Operations, building effecting relationships with personnel at all levels
You’ll love working here because:
- The manifesto. Sephora believes in championing all beauty, living with courage, and standing fearlessly together to celebrate our differences. We will never stop building a community where diversity is expected, self-expression is honored, all are welcomed, and you are included. We belong to something beautiful.
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Sephora’s goal is to create and nurture a safe and productive work environment for all. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company and insists on creating a space where everyone feels they belong. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.