Senior Editor, Content Strategy
We’re creating opportunities in every corner of the health care marketplace to improve lives while we’re building careers. At UnitedHealth Group, we support you with the latest tools, advanced training and the combined strength of high caliber co-workers who share your passion, your energy and your commitment to quality. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Advisory Board is a best practice research firm that was acquired by Optum in 2017. For over 40 years, Advisory Board research has been the health care industry’s guiding light, bringing our provider and service provider members closer to best practice performance. We help leaders and future leaders in the health care industry work smarter and faster by providing provocative insights, actionable strategies, and practical tools to support execution. Learn more about Advisory Board.
We're seeking a health care wonk. A top-notch writer and editor. A person who thrives on deadlines.
Someone who's excited to partner with Advisory Board's most senior researchers to convey our most critical insights to readers across 4,500+ member organizations.
We aren't simply looking for a copyeditor (although copyediting is part of the job!). We're looking for a trusted editorial partner—someone who can embed deeply in our research process, understand complex findings, and turn the takeaways into content that our members can't stop reading.
Some days, you'll help researchers translate new insights into writing for the first time. Other days, you'll take existing white papers and convert them into new blog posts or infographics. Still other days, you'll train researchers around the firm to write about their own findings more powerfully.
At Advisory Board, we believe even the best insights will fail if they aren't communicated effectively. Come help us find the right words to change health care for the better.
This opportunity may be based in Washington, D.C. or remote. You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- As part of a small pod of Content Strategy writers and editors, partner with Advisory Board's researchers to write and edit original content conveying our firm's most important insights
- Adapt existing Advisory Board insights from one format—for instance, longform research reports—into others, such as infographics or blog posts
- Train researchers to convey their own insights more effectively, with a particular focus on writing for online consumption
- Serve as a key stakeholder in owning and maintaining Advisory Board's style guide
- Actively participate in web data analysis to measure, understand, and respond to the success of Advisory Board's digital content
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of work experience in policy, research, marketing, or communications
- Demonstrated experience in health care research or policy
- Demonstrated writing and editing experience in a professional environment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s degree in a discipline related to health policy, journalism, marketing, or communications
- Experience conducting primary and secondary health care research
- Experience building relationships while negotiating, prioritizing, and managing concurrent projects
- Demonstrated ability to create, adapt, and publish content specifically for the web
- Proven to be organized, task-oriented, proactive, and deadline-driven
- Ability to work independently
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest 8minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.