Senior Director, Science & Technology Communications
Are you wondering if you would like to work at Danaher? An organization FORTUNE ranked 37th on its list of the World’s Most Admired Companies. The 55th largest company in the world by market capitalization. And a company that improves the lives of millions of people every single day. If yes, take a closer look.
At first glance, you’ll see Danaher’s scale. Our 80,000 associates work across the globe at more than 20 unique operating companies within four platforms - life sciences, diagnostics, water quality, and product identification. Look again and you will see the opportunity to build a meaningful career, be creative, and take risks with the support you need to be successful. You will find associates who are as certain about their impact as they are about where they are headed next. You will find the Danaher Business System, which makes everything possible. You will also see a company that investors trust - our culture of continuous improvement has helped us outperform the S&P 500 by more than 5,000% over the past 25 years.
And no matter where you look at Danaher, at the heart of what we do, you will witness our shared purpose - helping realize life’s potential - in action. Whether we are supporting the development of a life-saving vaccine, advancing new technologies to help better diagnose cancer, or helping to ensure clean water, our work improves millions of lives every day.
Reporting to the Chief Communications Officer, this role will serve as the dedicated communications leader and strategic advisor for Danaher’s Chief Scientific Officer (CSO), and a member of Danaher’s Science & Technology Leadership Team. The successful candidate will help devise communications strategies and partner effectively across the enterprise to deliver impactful communications to identified internal and external stakeholders that will build, manage and protect Danaher’s reputation as a global innovator in Science & Technology. By creating content and helping to implement scalable communication frameworks, leveraging media, associate engagement, industry bodies/memberships and key external platforms, this position will play a key role in shaping Danaher’s reputation across the stakeholder ecosystem.
This role will include significant partnering with colleagues in Corporate Media, Internal Engagement, Investor Relations and Government Affairs to identify, prioritize, create, execute and sustain communications. The successful candidate will also operate as a communications advisor to the CSO on ad-hoc and planned projects at Functional, Group and Corporate levels.
Develop strategies and content that will help to increase awareness and understanding of Danaher as a scientific thought leader amongst key target stakeholders, including:
- Identify and develop thought leadership on key topics in support of the Company’s strategy and secure appropriate external platforms.
- Partner with Corporate Media to secure targeted earned opportunities to deliver key Science & Technology messaging on behalf of the company.
- Partner with the Corporate Brand team to deliver a multi-channel content strategy targeting identified stakeholders.
- Lead the development of key messages/facts that thread together the various ways in which Danaher’s operating companies are helping customers and improving patients’ lives.
- Establish, maintain, and leverage strong relationships across Danaher to ensure broad alignment with CSO initiatives, maximizing the impact of the Company’s work in Science & Technology.
- Stay abreast of relevant new activities by direct and adjacent competitors (e.g., conferences hosted, announcements made).
- Prioritize and coordinate plans to engage external scientific audiences across the Company to ensure alignment on objectives, content and branding (i.e., industry conferences, scientific relations, industry memberships and sponsorships).
- Ensure effective representation of Danaher at key industry events, major organizations and committees.
- Pilot innovative ways to improve reach and engagement through new content, events, and technologies.
- Lead the creation of the Science & Technology team’s change management strategy and action plan, identifying critical points of leverage and existing communications channels to drive impact.
- Support the management of relevant issues and lead development of responses in partnership with Corporate Communications, IR and business SMEs.
- Develop metrics to demonstrate and track progress.
- Develop and deploy standardized tools and processes to support continuous improvement at Danaher regarding stakeholder impact.
Your skills and experience
- 12+ years progressive communications experience working in a high-growth, dynamic, global organization. In-house experience in the life sciences/healthcare industry will be prioritized.
- Successfully led and inspired teams by setting a high bar for performance, drive continuous improvement, foster collaboration, and provide thoughtful developmental opportunities.
- Track record of building strong and respected partnerships with senior executives to provide strategic counsel and insight into best practices.
- Designed and executed data-driven engagement activities and/or campaigns that have delivered measurable impact.
- Expert communications skills, including the ability to influence, simplify complex issues, and act quickly with sensitivity to the broader stakeholder ecosystem.
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of the key business drivers and goals.
- Change management experience in a matrixed and/or decentralized global organization.
- Experienced in new communications technologies and engagement platforms.
- A positive mindset that operates with optimism and high integrity.
- Intellectually curious and continuously seeking new, improved ways to engage.
- Possesses the confidence to give direct, honest feedback to senior executives and line management.
- Executes at speed without compromising judgement and attention to detail.
- Actively listens and leads with authenticity and compassion.
- A proactive approach that thrives on accountability.
- Smart enough to keep things simple.
- Humble and fun, with a good heart.
This position is eligible for a remote work arrangement in which you can work remotely from your home. Additional information about this remote work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working for Danaher can provide
The salary range OR the hourly range for this role is $230,000 to 255,000. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for bonus/incentive pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.