Senior Director Retail Operations and Administration
The mono-branded retail footprint is currently 4 corporate managed stores. It encompasses 300 employees and engages 100+ on-site supplier partners to support the daily operations of the World of Coca-Cola and Retail Stores. This role will be responsible for leading the operations (including stores, supply chain, and event and group sales functions for World of Coca-Cola) as well as serving as the point person key functional partners (IT and Finance) for back office support for our retail business. This position will report to Global Vice President, Licensing & Retail for The Coca-Cola Company and is based in the Atlanta, headquarters.
With a strong focus on revenue and profitability for the business, the Group Director of Retail Operations & Administration will oversee the day-to-day operations driving and delivering top-line sales and bottom-line profits via “best of class” store operations, supply chain management, selling capabilities and systems support.
This leader will also serve as the right-hand person to the Global VP of Licensing & Retail in coordination cross-functional retail activities and will have the opportunity to help create an exceptional experience that will serve to enhance consumer loyalty and their relationship with the brand.
Strategy & Planning:
- Work with the broader leadership team to refine and implement the growth strategy for Licensing & Retail driving that through the Retail Operations organization
- Provide an operations POV as we evolve the existing store concept and rollout plans, including shaping:
- The store’s unique branding position
- Ease of shopping through navigation and visual merchandising
- Product impact and assortments
- Operational excellence and superior customer experience in order to achieve sales and gross margin and guests attendance goals
- Coordinate retail’s short and long-term business planning and lead related work for Operations & Administration
- Lead, in partnership with Corporate Facilities and a cross-functional team, the exhibit renovation work at World of Coca-Cola.
- Partner with the Director of Merchandising and eCommerce to develop and implement omni-channel strategies to maximize the total business
- Partner with the Director of Marketing to develop and implement strategies that drive and convert traffic
Financial Performance & Responsibility:
- Drive P& L accountability for stores and the attraction with emphasis on maximizing sales, gross margin and profitable attendance in concert with management of all controllable expenses
Key Functional Development:
- Work with direct reports and key partners to achieve functional excellence and high operating capability (store operations, facilities and distribution management, IT management, financial support, HR support)
- Ensure ongoing operational excellence at World of Coca-Cola
- Select direct, develop and discipline team members. Coach and mentor employees providing ongoing performance feedback to optimize business performance. Provide guidance, set priorities, teach critical thinking, and measure progress. Ensure both recognition & accountability are part of the culture. Work with the Capabilities Senior Manager to develop and implement retail-specific training programs as needed.
- Develop and lead employee engagement activities to enhance the culture and maximize employee performance
- Build a strong partnership with Human Resources, Finance, Merchandising & eCommerce, Marketing, Design and other cross-functional teams to support and improve business performance
- Identify high-potential employees; develop and execute plans to differentially invest in and develop these employees to prepare for future roles
- Builds long-term partnerships with suppliers and industry bodies. Serves as liaison with other organizations as appropriate and community constituency
- A retail executive with a demonstrated track record of successfully leading retail operations
- Outstanding business and financial acumen. Can translate strategy into action
- Demonstrated track record of successfully driving a significant size P&L with deep competency in store operations and supply chain and working knowledge of marketing and merchandising, turnover and inventory management; managing to margin and bottom-line profit.
- Must have experience in Omni-channel models
- Superior intellectual competency as well as a strong intuitive sense of the business; facilitating their ability to leverage judgment as needed to reconcile the art and science of the business, which is driven by consumer preferences which can change rapidly
- Experience leading cross-functional teams; ability to influence outside of their sphere of influence across all functions and levels of the organization to achieve goals
- Accustomed to a consumer-centric environment; focused on delivering a superior store and attraction experience
- Strong project management skills required
- Strategic thinker with an ability to translate strategy into actionable tactics; able to maintain a strategic perspective while supporting the team in driving for results in the daily operation
- Experience in exhibit design and development
- Preference for experience leading and developing global teams
- Proven experience in risk and change management
Education & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience and demonstrated success as a senior retail leader, in a specialty or department store retail brand environment or in an attraction, well-regarded for success which can be measured in financial performance as well as brand loyalty with the consumer. Apparel background is not a prerequisite, although it is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred
Strategic Objectives; Business Performance; Financial Performance; Retail Store Management; Retail Businesses; People Management; Profitability; Leadership
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves. We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.