Senior Director, People Experience
We are looking for a Senior Director, People Experience who will establish a strong business partner function to support the growth and scale of the Barstool Sports organization. As the Senior Director of People Experience, you will be a strategic thought leader and partner to the company at all employee touch-points to drive employee engagement and retention. You take a human and people-first approach balanced by an appreciation and awareness of business considerations. You are empathetic and are motivated by data. Your role will be critical to ensuring employees view Barstool as a best place to work, and will keep the Barstool culture top of mind when developing a best-in-class employee experience through forward-looking and innovative initiatives.
This is a hybrid onsite position based out of our New York City Headquarters.
What You'll Do
- You will build and lead a team of HR Business Partners all of whom are focused on developing a best in class employee experience
- Drive the strategy and implementation of systems in partnership with People Operations and based on the business needs of the company
- Partner with leadership to understand short and long-term business goals and build a People and Talent strategy that align and support these priorities
- Develop a calendar of employee experience initiatives and use data to make informed decisions on what will move the needle on retention and employee satisfaction
- Provide mentorship and guidance to a fast-growing and ambitious management team. Working with them to identify needs, pain points, and leadership strategies
- Develop learning and development initiatives across the company
- Be the steward of Barstool Sport's values, mission, and culture across the company while developing a feedback loop to measure employee engagement
- Be the pulse of the organization, assessing organizational health, and effectiveness on a regular basis
- Identify opportunities for improvement within all areas of the business
- Create employee performance assessment processes
- Work with Talent Acquisition to ensure all new hires are onboarded effectively
What You Have
- 10+ years of Human Resources experience in a leadership role
- Seasoned knowledge and experience in the various People and Talent functional areas: company culture, DEI, onboarding, talent management, performance management, employee relations, organizational design, learning & development, employee engagement, retention
- Experience working in a fast-growing company
- Experience in scaling teams
- Ability to see beyond traditional or classic HR when facing new challenges
- Strong experience growing a medium stage startup to the next stage of growth
- Proven track record of mentoring employees and coaching management
- Strategic and hands-on: Able to comfortably move between strategic business partners and day-to-day HR operations - willingness to be a “player-coach” type leader and “roll up the sleeves” to get things done
Barstool Sports is a company that will drive the way media is created and consumed for years to come. Working at Barstool Sports means being part of a team that is solutions-oriented, celebrates creativity, and supports one another.
Joining means having access to competitive and valuable benefits and perks, including but not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
- A 4% 401(k) employer match
- Unlimited vacation time, including Summer break in July and Holiday break in December
- Monthly employer contribution towards cell phone reimbursement
- Employee discount to the Barstool Sports store
- Financial wellness benefits through Origin
- A monthly stipend for UberEats
What We Value
- Rep the brand as best you can
- We have lots of different brains, be open to them
- Never change who you are, that's who we hired
- Find the solution, don't be the problem
- Don't be afraid to try something new
- Common Sense. Use it.
- Be there for your audience
- Always think about how you can help
Barstool Sports is for everyone. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Barstool Sports does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes. Barstool Sports will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement.