Senior Director of Sales, Amazon and Marketplaces
The Senior Director of Sales will be responsible for building the strategic direction for Amazon partnership activities and various marketplaces (Wish, Wayfair, eBay, etc.) to achieve the efficient and profitable sale of the company’s products to targeted levels.
Includes supervising, leading, and assisting sales personnel in selling the product line to targeted markets as well as establishing and executing required sales and product training programs. Assists sales personnel in formulating plans, goals, and objectives relating to target volume prospects and additional product penetration within existing accounts.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Drive Long Term strategic objectives to drive significant and profitable market share growth in targeted categories across Belkin’s Strategic Business Units.
- Strategic thought leader to position Belkin as leader to lead outsized growth on Amazon platform in line with 5 year plan strategic growth initiatives.
- Establish metrics to determine long term plan to leverage both large existing Vendor Central (1P) business and emerging Seller Central (3P) business on Amazon.
- Lead Marketing and Sales teams in data-driven, collaborative model to optimize on platform AMS and SEO investments to drive awareness and sell through for run rate and NPI products.
- Lead teams to manage data driven inputs to feedback product strategy into product management teams to lead online product development to supplement global product roadmap
- Lead Optimal combination of promotional strategy and long term metrics to judge promotional investments to drive relevance on Amazon.
- Extensive experience and proliferation on both 1P (Vendor Direct) and 3P (Marketplace) selling platforms on Amazon. Strong foundational knowledge of both selling platforms, tools, portals, and management systems for both direct and indirect selling platforms on Amazon.
- Management of both direct Ecommerce Sales team responsible for Amazon Direct Vendor relationship, Marketplace brand stores, third party marketplace partners as well as e-commerce project management teams.
- Ownership of performance metrics, tracking and evaluating all Online KPIs (traffic, conversion, organic, paid search, etc.) to determine and assess the effectiveness of Belkin content, marketing events, and promotions on Amazon.
- Effectively Drive Sell Through and Sell In strategies on Amazon to meet and exceed quarterly and annual budget goals.
- Partner with other functional areas in strategic development, planning, coordination, and execution of Amazon 1P activities.
- Responsible for annual channel budget, as well as monthly, quarterly, and annual P&L responsibility.
- Partner and collaborate with retail sales, partner dot.com sales, marketplace online sellers, and other channel sales to reduce channel marketing and pricing conflicts.
- Participate in formulation of short term and long-range planning regarding market share and product mix. Recommend and monitor sales and profit plans, goals, and quotes.
- Analyze industry market trends, products, and pricing that may impact sales efforts.
- Review and analyze daily sales statistics.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum 10+ years of Amazon or eCommerce strategy and planning experience with Amazon Direct and Marketplace sales platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven ability to identify trends in Amazon channel, including building effective business partnerships.
- Skilled at building consensus through collaboration gains cooperation from others to obtain information and accomplish goals while leveraging the finite internal resources available.
- Experience managing functional sales disciplines with both direct reporting lines and responsibilities and indirect cross functional team members with high impact on Amazon and overall ecommerce performance.
- Strong financial and strategic planning skills along with a high level of understanding of Internet marketing and overall business development.
- Proven track record of developing relationships with team members, internal stakeholders, clients, retailers, vendors, and business partners to execute sales plans throughout North America.
- Solid analytical skills and budgeting experience.
- Excellent negotiation, organizational and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure with significant growth expectations.
- Travel is required as necessary.
What you’re getting into
We’ve got big collaborative spaces for your big ideas, so bring an open mind and leave your suit in the closet. We all are committed to creating unique and rewarding consumer experiences. Everyone is interested in succeeding – for the team, for themselves and for the business. Cross-functionally and across the company, everyone has common goals and aspires to be their best.
You will learn something new or at least look at things differently every day. There are so many smart and creative people around that you’ll be motivated to pursue the ideal.
Team spirit is infectious. Belkin is an extremely open workplace, where communication is essential. Not every idea will be accepted, but you’ll be asked for your point of view. Innovation thrives on multiple and varied levels. At Belkin we challenge conventional wisdom and refuse to accept that something cannot be done.
We are committed to diversity. Belkin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
All candidates applying for a job in the EMEA region, please review the Applicant Privacy notice HERE
Range for this position:
$190,000 - $210,000
Factors such as geographic location, academic credentials, relevant experience, and specific knowledge, skills and abilities will influence the actual salary offered. In addition to a competitive market-based salary, compensation also includes a performance-based bonus, and in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Further details can be found here.