Senior Director of Growth Marketing
Yea, I do a hundred mil annual
Dope game, I damn near wrote the manual
Cookies sells iconic cannabis, with roots that stretch back to garage grows in San Francisco, before the industry was an industry. Our breeders developed many of the world’s most famous strains, from GSC to Gary Payton, and we have flagship stores and infrastructure operating on multiple continents.
At Cookies your work will have a personal impact at truly global scale —in Los Angeles, Detroit, and Barcelona, the quality of our products affect our customers’ lives for the better. We know cannabis can be a force multiplier for equity, economic inclusion, diversity, and community, and we are on a mission to bring that culture to the world.
This strategic visionary will design, build and execute the vision for our Global Go-To-Market strategy and priorities. As a senior member of the marketing leadership team, this role will identify and leverage strategies for growth including new revenue opportunities, increased customer lifetime value, and optimization of work processes, decision-making, and alignment.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
As the Growth Marketing leader, you’ll be responsible for expressing the Cookies brand and culture while optimizing paid, owned, and earned media. This includes advertising (digital, print, OOH, etc.), PR, web, social media, web and mobile experience, CRM, loyalty and audience development strategy, and more. Candidates will be required to collaborate extensively within the Cookies family of brands and partner network, frequently working with brand management, creative and design, retail, and sales.
Build Global Go-To-Market (Campaign) strategies and execute plans:
- Develop and execute a multi-year marketing plan across all brands internally and externally.
- Work with internal and external teams to ideate and execute global campaigns, which includes the creation and management of a robust, response-driven content strategy, adherence to budgets and timelines, while supporting “center of excellence” capabilities across each GTM function.
- Monitor, advance and improve all performance marketing initiatives as well as key trends across digital (category, consumer, competitor) experiences.
- Evaluate progress to ensure campaigns, programs and initiatives are on-track vs. expectations and course correct where necessary.
- Translate brand strategies into execution plans that drive awareness and engage buyers, budtenders, end consumers, partners and retailers.
- Oversee marketing and sales activities to ensure consistency with brand strategy and revenue growth.
- Contribute to research plan to track, monitor and deliver actionable consumer insights to the organization from primary and secondary research.
Own, optimize and drive paid, owned and earned media mix:
- Drive the owned media strategy, including D2C site(s), to drive consumer awareness, acquisition, retention and to best employ the entire marketing mix.
- Manages and directs internal and external teams to set the short and long-term content strategy and product launch and sustainment roadmap for all GTM initiatives. Provide strong client leadership to ensure the agencies are aligned Cookies’ objectives.
- Ensure best in class advertising execution across all media (print, TV, radio, digital, OOH, etc.) for all GTM creative.
- Lead Cookies in achieving its goal of being a loyalty company. We are looking for someone who will do more than build a best-in-class loyalty program – a leader that infuses loyalty into all aspects of the customer journey with a focus on personalization, which includes directing jointly created local marketing plans with licensed cultivation & retail partners.
- Develops and effectively manages department and project budgets.
- Measures effectiveness of campaigns and programs through various research tools and analytics.
- Tracks and analyzes competitors' services, prices, and messaging; synthesizes information to develop an integrated marketing strategy and course of action.
Partner with brand management, sales, operations, retail and key stakeholders:
- Play the role of a partner; gain respect and build trust to develop lasting relationships
- Formulates and implements strategic marketing communication strategies to advertise Cookies’ and its brands’ new products or services across all media.
- Influence key executives and stakeholders to support significant change.
- Serve as a strategic partner and domain expert across media, with fluency in GTM strategy, marketing, and customer success
- Strengthen marketing value proposition with licensed cultivation and retail partners. Share best practices and collaborate to apply global marketing strategies to local licensed partner marketing efforts. Be a champion for joint marketing calendars, shared marketing KPIs, and partner listening.
Work well with the team:
- Understands the complex relationship between the organization and its environment, identifies connections, adopts different perspectives and quickly responds to changing circumstances in a strategic way to actively shape the future.
- Fosters a sense of community, and builds team cohesion. Is courageous, humble, and transparent. Comfortable and calm when confronted with ambiguous business challenges.
Direct Report Management:
- Manage 3-4 direct reports and an organization of 10
- Coach direct report(s) and multi functional team partners
- Tech and data savvy with 10+ years of relevant GTM or integrated marketing strategy experience, including roles in revenue and/or marketing strategy, business development, or strategy consulting within a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment.
- MBA and/or Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or sales preferred.
- Experience in global campaigns and integrated marketing with a strong bias for results and performance management.
- Highly data driven, with experience in reporting on key success metrics, analyzing trends, and making data-driven recommendations.
- Experience in cannabis is preferred.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with urgency within a fast-paced environment with often competing priorities.
- Communicate and work with all levels of employees and partners, both internally and externally, demonstrating expertise and professionalism.
- Exceptional project and time management skills – highly organized, flawless attention to detail, with a keen ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written, oral and communications skills.
- Ability to coordinate efforts across departments and execute successful results.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be flexible in a dynamic team environment.
- Must be able to practice ruthless prioritization and manage resources accordingly.
- Advanced Microsoft Office and G-suite knowledge and experience.
Benefits and Perks:
- Small but mighty team with exposure to all aspects of the cannabis business.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees.
- Mission based company + entrepreneurial work environment.
- Employee discount, company events, concerts, festivals + much more.
Cookies is a fast-paced, dynamic environment. We are looking for team members who are kind but driven, and who know how to get stuff done. We are a fun, entrepreneurial group focused on culture, community and quality.
We believe that in diversity is strength. We encourage all to apply, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work remotely. Our team and company-operated retail locations are primarily located in California, we are open to applicants who are willing to work west coast business hours.
Come join our team!