Senior Director of Government Affairs
We are currently seeking a Government Affairs leader to be located in NYC. This position will serve as the company’s top government relations position, primarily charged to develop and execute strategies for Chobani to influence public policy, consistent with our business interests, social impact goals and values.
- Establish and enhance a positive, credible and influential presence for Chobani with state, federal and local government elected officials, appointees and staff
- Help develop unique strategies to influence key outcomes on agricultural issues, especially those pertaining to the dairy industry and sustainability such as undocumented labor, farmer, worker and animal welfare, environmental sustainability
- Child Hunger – work with government, NGOs and schools to address food insecurity and school lunch debt
- Represent and advance Chobani’s government relations agenda before elected officials and government decision makers
- Build and maintain relationships with elected officials and government decision makers on behalf of Chobani
- Foster a productive relationship between Chobani senior management, local leadership (plant and natural resource managers), and elected officials
- Monitor and track proposed legislation; analyze potential impact on company operations; develop positions thereon; communicate views internally and externally (to business partners, customers, and potential allies)
- Direct and maintain communication with Chobani senior management and internal departments to identify operational issues requiring legislative action
- Direct outside government relations consultants in development and deployment of strategies to influence policy outcomes
- Establish a positive, credible and influential presence for Chobani on key food and beverage trade associations, as well as national public policy and legislative groups
- Develop sustainability strategy - partner with supply chain, people team, and leadership to de velop and maintain a reporting framework for stakeholders and investors
- Collaborate and Coordinate activities with Corporate Affairs Department disciplines: Corporate Communications, Health & Regulatory Affairs, Corporate Citizenship, Consumer Affairs, Stakeholder Communications
- Coordinate activities across Chobani, particularly with legal department, tax department, supply chain, natural resource managers and plant managers
- Follow all election and lobbying laws and enforce compliance with state, federal and local reporting requirements
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to travel at least 35%
- Minimum of 12 years of experience
- Experience interacting with leadership of EPA, USDA, FDA, State Regulatory Authorities, White House and Academic Institutions preferred
- Strong network with senior federal and state government leadership, special consideration for those with Idaho and New York contacts
- Public government affairs, knowledge of direct lobbying with associations, consultants, Political Action Committees (PACs)
- Ability to advocate for laws and regulations during development and implementation, as well as government’s role in adoption and enforcement
- Highly resourceful (stretches people and money; compresses time)
- Organized and attention-to-detail approach (strong tactical execution)
- Sense of Urgency (Can operate under an "always urgent, never panic" pace)
- Adaptable, flexible, and ability to lead and inspire in a changing environment
Chobani is a food maker with a mission of making high-quality and nutritious food accessible to more people, while elevating our communities and making the world a healthier place. In short: making good food for all. In support of this mission, we are a values-driven, people-first, food-and-wellness-focused company, and have been since Hamdi Ulukaya, an immigrant to the U.S., founded the company in 2005. We produce yogurt, oatmilk, dairy- and plant-based creamers, ready-to-drink coffee and plant-based probiotic drinks. Chobani yogurt is America's No.1 yogurt brand, and it’s made with only natural ingredients without artificial preservatives.
Chobani uses food as a force for good in the world – putting humanity first in everything we do. Our philanthropic efforts prioritize giving back to our communities and beyond: working to eradicate child hunger, supporting immigrants, refugees and underrepresented people, honoring veterans, and protecting the planet. We manufacture our products in New York, Idaho, and Australia. Chobani products are available throughout North America and distributed in Australia and other select markets.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.
Compensation Range: $185,600.00 - $278,400.00, plus bonus.