Senior Director of External Communications
The Senior Director of External Communications will lead a team responsible for advancing the reputation of Chobani, it’s founder/CEO, and other senior leaders to drive business objectives and visibility with priority audiences. The person in this role will oversee external storytelling in media and executive communications / company-wide event strategy and participation.
- Develop a strategy for Chobani’s leadership to enhance visibility and engage in conversations that drive business goals and highlight the company’s ability to be a positive agent for change
- Build, elevate, protect and defend the image and reputation of Chobani's leadership, corporate and consumer brands through media engagement and strategic event participation.
- Create strategic editorial calendar around priority themes across brand, business and impact
- Build relationships with key business and trade reporters, handling media inquiries regarding company's affairs and positions as needed.
- Keep pulse on the latest developments in the industry, impact areas of interest and global macro conversation
- Identify speaking opportunities that align with our business priorities for members of the leadership team, and lead speaker’s bureau
- Track current events and social trends to identify opportunities to execute on strategy
- Understand Chobani’s business priorities, brand story, and industry trends to write, develop and produce compelling, concise and audience-relevant communications
- Evaluation and curating of strategic and impactful speaking engagement
- Ensure measurement solution is adopted to gauge influence and impact of media and event participation
- Bachelors Degree in Communications or related field preferred
- 12 years working experience, in executive / corporate communications in global, impact driven positions.
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills, with trusted media relationships and experience landing high-visibility profile stories
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Comfort and experience counseling and supporting C-Suite leaders.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills, with a strong understanding of messaging and reputation management
- Effective project and time-management skills, with the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Trustworthy and credible; high level of integrity and excellent sense of judgment
- Ability to understand and bring diversity and inclusion into work
- Strong people, influencing and relationship skills built in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented, self-directed, inquisitive and entrepreneurial-minded
- Ability to quickly adjust to unforeseen changes in priorities and workload, resolve conflicts, and exercise good judgment in complex situations
Chobani is a food maker with a mission of making high-quality and nutritious food accessible to more people, while elevating our communities and making the world a healthier place. In short: making good food for all. In support of this mission, we are a values-driven, people-first, food-and-wellness-focused company, and have been since Hamdi Ulukaya, an immigrant to the U.S., founded the company in 2005. We produce yogurt, oatmilk, dairy- and plant-based creamers, ready-to-drink coffee and plant-based probiotic drinks. Chobani yogurt is America's No.1 yogurt brand, and it’s made with only natural ingredients without artificial preservatives.
Chobani uses food as a force for good in the world – putting humanity first in everything we do. Our philanthropic efforts prioritize giving back to our communities and beyond: working to eradicate child hunger, supporting immigrants, refugees and underrepresented people, honoring veterans, and protecting the planet. We manufacture our products in New York, Idaho, and Australia. Chobani products are available throughout North America and distributed in Australia and other select markets. For more information, please visit www.chobani.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state and local laws.