Senior Director, Legal
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
PayPal is seeking to hire an experienced M&A transaction attorney to lead our Legal M&A team in supporting PayPal’s acquisitions, divestures equity investments and other strategic acquisitions globally. In this role, you will provide strategic and leadership oversight of our Legal M&A approach from deal inception through integration, working closely with our Corporate Development and PayPal Ventures teams as well as other PayPal stakeholders and legal professionals. This role can be based anywhere in the US, and will report to the Vice President, Corporate Legal & Secretary.Job Description:
- Lead strategic M&A, equity investment and strategic transactions globally for the Legal Department (ranging from acquisitions to divestitures to equity investments, including PayPal Ventures), from pipeline and planning stages to due diligence to transaction closings and integration.
- Structure, draft and negotiate complex transaction agreements.
- Advise senior PayPal leadership and business clients on transaction-related issues.
- Work closely with variety of key stakeholders, including Corporate Development, Accounting Policy, Finance, Treasury, Tax, Risk and Compliance, and Human Resources functions, other PayPal in-house attorneys and outside advisors (including active management of outside counsel).
- Oversee selection, management of, and budget for outside counsel, maintenance of “best practices” and guidelines for worldwide M&A and equity investment activities.
- Manage internal and external deal processes and drive continuous improvements and scalability in transaction and integration processes and execution.
- JD degree with excellent academic credentials.
- 12+ years of experience in M&A transactions at a law firm or in-house legal department with a sophisticated M&A / equity investment practice. Prior in-house M&A experience is preferred.
- Senior-level experience in M&A and other strategic transactions (domestic, international and cross-border, with a comprehensive understanding of M&A structures, documents, and legal issues) is required.
- Proven track record in building, attracting, and developing talent to their fullest potential.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with business clients, key stakeholders, and other legal department members.
- Flexibility and creativity in dealing with complex legal issues on a domestic and cross-border basis.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills.
- Excellent project management skills, well organized, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- A high-level of intellectual, professional, and interpersonal agility and flexibility, combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong ability to inspire and foster an inclusive and diverse culture.
- Team oriented, with a strong sense of humor, unquestioned ethics and integrity, sound judgment and high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Ability to cherish innovation, embrace change, and believe that there is always room for improvement.
Additional Job Description:
PayPalTravel Percent: 10
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is
$143.400 to $285.450
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Any general requests for consideration of your skills, please Join Our Talent Community.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Notice to Applicants and Employees who reside within New York City. Click here to view the notice.