At World Fuel Services, our employees are the key to our global success.We are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of our approximately 5000- strong professional team. Our people thrive in an entrepreneurial and culturally-diverse environment, where innovative thinking, collaboration and efficient execution are highly valued. Our high-performance culture is what allows us to drive sustained growth. Stronger together, we promote an environment where individuals can thrive.
When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 1 upper case letter, 1 number, and 1 special character.
World Fuel Services, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Sr. Director, Global Renewable Energy will contribute to the direction and leadership of WFS Global Renewable Energy strategy including product and service development, manage staff to generate sales and deliver the solutions, and consults with senior management on setting and achievement of annual revenue goals. Patriciate in the execution of an aggressive cross-segment growth opportunities for renewable energy in the NA, EMEA, and APAC regions.
- Work with the broader global sustainability management team to develop renewable energy market strategy across technologies (e.g., on-site solar, virtual power purchase agreements) and geographies that will meet growth and revenue goals, including concept, business model, go to market strategy ang growth plans.
- Identifies and prioritizes global market segments and geographies that have the greatest growth and revenue potential globally.
- Develops and maintains relationships with the broader renewable energy industry that enable us to leverage growth potential through partnerships and other cooperative alliances globally.
- Identify and help to evaluate industry acquisition targets that support or are complementary to the renewable energy strategy and have the potential to expand geographic reach and accelerate growth and revenue generation.
- Organizational leadership experience and ability to energize, grow, and lead a global team effectively, provide direction, recruit, and develop talent, and maintain high standards for energy and sustainability professionals.
- Superb ability to build relationships, communicate, and collaborate with key leaders across the business to share, develop and execute the strategy for the company’s rapidly growing business area.
Product & Service Development
- Refine and maintain existing global renewable energy products and services to ensure they are up-to-date and competitive in the market.
- Develop new products and services to take advantage of new technologies or opportunities created by changes in regulatory, incentive or market structures.
- Diversify strategies across different revenue models to maximize revenue potential and leverage existing resources. Potential structures include hourly/project-based, success-based, brokerage, revenue sharing, and partnerships/finder’s fees.
- Maintain knowledge of renewable energy technology advancement, growth of new and emerging technologies (e.g., energy storage, hydrogen) to identify new product and service opportunities.
- Work with Sustainability management to define annual revenue goals and interim quarterly targets.
- Monitor and report on performance with respect to annual revenue goals.
- Understand the full scope of sustainability and WFS products and services to effectively leverage the WFS client base and cross-segment opportunities.
- Plan training across all segments: Land, Aviation and Marine to build pipeline and grow revenue.
- Grow customer and prospect awareness of products and services, grow perception of World Kinect as though leaders through delivery of customer-facing webinars and training, earned media, participation and speaking at conferences and industry events.
- Own and manage the selling process for prospects and clients.
- Provide strong and clear direction to global team of renewable energy professionals to sell and deliver renewable energy products and services.
- Responsible for the development, mentoring and management of a world-class team of professionals.
- Work across the global sustainability organization to help build understanding across geographies and product and service categories.
- Use WFS internal capabilities (e.g., HR, IT, analytical resources) to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of team operations.
- Leverage outside resources (software, subscriptions) to improve team efficiency and scale capabilities.
The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively, build relationships and work closely with internal and external stakeholders including clients, third-party vendors and peers across the World Kinect global team. Must be comfortable and proficient in presenting and explaining global renewable energy products and services to senior management.
Experience and Skills
- 10+ years of renewable energy experience across solar, wind and other technologies. Including project development experience, project finance, and knowledge and ability to maximize the value of regulatory and incentive structures.
- 8+ years’ experience managing a multi-layered organization.
- Proven commercial leadership and negotiation experience and with effective communications skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Experience driving internal stakeholders to consensus on important issues.
- Experience with problem-solving skills as well as being effective in a fast paced, hands-on work environment, and have a track record of success leading projects and developing complex solutions across multiple stakeholders.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment where cross-functional communication is valued.
- Excellent understanding of renewable energy incentive and regulatory structures. Ability to analyze and take advantage of new and existing structures to drive revenue growth.
- Strong people management skills, ability to design and implement efficient team structures to deliver renewable energy services.
- Strong technical understanding of energy systems and renewable energy technologies, and ability to assess new renewable energy technologies and complementary technologies to identify new opportunities.
- Strong project management skills, including experience with appropriate software tools.
- Strong problem-solving, mathematical, financial modeling and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver meaningful business results with minimal supervision.
- Proven track record of outstanding organizational leadership, including leading and scaling teams and a general business and financial acumen plus evidence of customer orientation.
- Effective team player who excels at performing in a collaborative environment.