Senior Director, Global Concepts Design
The Senior Director, Global Concepts Design, Color and Materials is responsible for concept creation with an expertise on color and materials development for all Calvin Klein product categories, regions, and licensed partners in line with company/brand directives. They work closely with the SVP Global Concepts on global brand design direction as well as the category leads to drive concepts to consumer by inspiring and executing one cohesive conceptual vision for the Calvin Klein brands.
They are instrumental in supporting the adoption and alignment of these concepts across all the product categories, departments, regions, and license partners to enable the global alignment of the Calvin Klein brands, bringing new energy, cultural relevance, innovation and commercial success to Calvin Klein.
Often working under tight deadlines while overseeing multiple projects, the senior design director must be a skilled manager of creative teams (including but not limited to: Designers and freelance. This role requires at least 12 years’ experience leading design concept for distinct fashion brands. The director must be an effective communicator, especially when it comes to relaying creative concepts to design teams and company stakeholders.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Looks ahead and gathers insights to drive purpose-driven storytelling and translates this into concept ideas, with an emphasis on color and materials and how the entire look comes together across underwear, apparel and accessories.
- Creates global color palettes that work for all categories, regions, and licenses. Works closely with regional insights and input.
- Creates global concept stories and narrative
- Creates material direction with an emphasis on innovation and advanced material concepts.
- Partners with Marketing team and Retail Design to ensure stories and color and material direction are translated all the way through to the customer.
- Partners with Sustainability, Innovation, Raw supply teams and internal color and material designers to collaborate and leverage insights and expertise.
- Prepares design presentations and experiences for Global Design kickoffs and summits.
- Creates long term color and material strategies to align brand and business
- Ensures timely development of concepts by adhering to time and action calendar.
- Strategically analyzes the market and trend services to keep designs trend for relevancy and success.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 12+ years of Concepts and Color Design experience
- Prior experience working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, and global brand environment
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses high fashion aesthetics.
- Previous experience working with global brands.
- Highly collaborative with ability to influence.
- Expert in styling to sell in ideas.
- Excellent color matching skills
- Excellent material development skills
- Proficient in Photoshop, illustrator, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat or other related technical experience
Pay Range: $134,750 - $181,500
PVH currently provides base salary ranges for all positions-on job advertisements-in the United States based on local requirements. These ranges are based on what PVH reasonably believes that it will pay an associate for their base salary for said position at the time of the posting. Individual compensation will ultimately be determined based on a variety of relevant factors including but-not limited to qualifications, geographic location and other relevant skills. PVH is committed to providing a market-competitive total rewards package to eligible associates, which includes diverse and robust health and insurance benefits to meet the varied needs of our associates and an above-market 401(k) contribution to help our associates save for retirement. We also offer career growth opportunities, empowering our associates to design their future at PVH.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant’s current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH