At World Fuel Services, our employees are the key to our global success.We are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of our approximately 5000- strong professional team. Our people thrive in an entrepreneurial and culturally-diverse environment, where innovative thinking, collaboration and efficient execution are highly valued. Our high-performance culture is what allows us to drive sustained growth. Stronger together, we promote an environment where individuals can thrive.
When you click 'Apply', you will need to click on 'Create Account'. By creating an account, you will be able to view your applications and their statuses. Your password must contain 1 upper case letter, 1 number, and 1 special character.
World Fuel Services, is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
World Fuel Services Corporation (NYSE: INT) is a Fortune 100 company providing aviation, marine and land energy, logistics, and technology solutions to customers and suppliers around the world. Our global team of local professionals delivers innovative products and services at more than 8,000 global locations.
With revenues more than $27 billion and over 5,000 employees worldwide, World Fuel Services offers its customers a value-added outsource service for supply, quality control, logistical support and price risk management.
World Fuel Services Defense Solutions is looking for an Energy Sustainability Account Lead. The successful candidate will support the Defense Solutions (US Office) Sustainable Energy Initiatives Submarket Sector. DS (US) is the central management office for the business case development and execution of large-scale sustainable, renewable and alternative energy security projects using “cold call” sales as well as leveraging extant Requests for Proposal, Requests For Information (RFI) and Requests for Sources Sought (RFSS) within government contract notification systems (BGov, Sam.gov, etc.) Account Lead will understand existing Department of Defense (DoD) authorities, including those for power purchase agreements (PPA), enhanced use leases (EUL) and easements.
The Senior Director Account Lead will understand Opportunity Development and Project Execution, in order to identify the business targeting and vetting of new resilience project opportunities and then developing those opportunities into energy security/resiliency projects to
meet the mission-specific requirements beginning with the Energy Security Assessment (ESA) reports and Installation Energy Plans (IEP), identifying specific energy security projects for recommendation. Other Team duties as directed.
- Strong interpersonal skills to provide leadership to collaborate and work with diverse team
- Strong analytical skills to assess viability of potential renewable and alternative energy resilience project opportunities, as part of a team of engineers and finance professionals
- Strong communication skills to clearly and succinctly provide recurring and ad-hoc project updates and synthesizing information for key decision briefs and bidding actions
- Demonstrated excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, project-centric environment
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The selected candidate must have experience working cradle to grave, managing all aspects of the development of renewable and alternative energy resilience projects including project scoping, site selection, DoD acquisition process, project approval process, and third-party project financing process. Responsible for independently coordinating and completing business development activities with internal and external stakeholders and overcoming obstacles, ensuring each opportunity is correctly developed and bid to win.
Requires experience managing energy resilience projects through the acquisition process into actual projects. Specific support includes the following activities related to the Contracts and Agreements phases of the project:
- Able to shape energy project RFP solutions in support of US Defense customers and research solicitation, advising on best solutions to bid to win
- Supports energy fulfilment source selection and negotiations (1st party/3d party)
- Supports bid development process
- Preferred Experience / Credentials
- Secret Clearance
- Preferred experience working with Army and DoD executive organizations
- Experience working with the following technologies: solar power, wind, geothermal, hydro, biomass, or other energy technologies
MBA and MIA or other relevant Master’s Degrees
- Work Experience Required
20 plus years of Government, Financial and Contractor experience
- Technical Skills & Specific Knowledge Required
Proficiency in all Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Zoom, etc)
- Behavioral Competencies Required
As per WFS required competencies