Senior Director, Corporate Development
At Webflow, our mission is to bring development superpowers to everyone. Webflow is the leading visual development platform for building powerful websites without writing code. By combining modern web development technologies into one platform, Webflow enables people to build websites visually, saving engineering time, while clean code seamlessly generates in the background. From independent designers and creative agencies to Fortune 500 companies, millions worldwide use Webflow to be more nimble, creative, and collaborative. It’s the web, made better.
Why We Need You
You will be a leader for Webflow’s Corporate Development team. This team will drive new areas of profitable growth expansion for the company working closely with our executive leadership team. This team overall drives Webflow’s inorganic transactions spanning acquisitions, strategic investments and strategic partnerships. You will shape and lead work across our build, buy, partnership strategy, and collaborate with Webflow business leaders to connect strategy to execution across the company.
The successful candidate will be a highly accountable leader, with a strategic perspective and ability to comfortably use data/analysis to tell a story and influence leaders at all levels. You will have extraordinary stakeholder management and leadership skills, coupled with intellectual curiosity to identify new ideas and challenge the status quo. You will have a passion for solving complex and strategic business opportunities and challenges in an agile environment, with dedication for innovative thinking and actionable results. You will be relationship-oriented and have a passion for collaborating across the organization to understand business needs and help to develop the strategic vision
About the role
- Location: Remote-first (United States; BC & ON, Canada)
- Exempt status
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $209,000 - $287,000 for most US locations and $232,000 - $319,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
- Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer
As a Sr. Director of Corporate Development, you’ll …
- Lead end-to-end acquisition strategy and execution, including target identification, company valuation, deal structuring and negotiation, due diligence & integration strategy
- Develop and guide acquisition strategy and role of M&A in the overall growth of the Company, working closely with business leaders to set focus areas
- Establish and drive a robust process to identify and evaluate potential opportunities, including market sizing, industry maps and idea generation
- Manage all aspects of the deal process from LOI to negotiations and close, and post-close integration activities.
- Perform and/or manage team members in financial modeling & valuation analysis
- Negotiate principal transaction or partnership terms
- Coordinate internal functional experts along with outside advisors in due diligence, deal structuring, and transaction document negotiations
- Develop a venture investment framework for review by our board and executives
- Leading Webflow’s company strategy projects (Build, Buy, Partner) from problem structuring to actionable recommendations:
- Develop opportunities and initiatives to grow the business or enter new markets
- Evaluate new and existing strategic investments and growth projects and facilitate portfolio prioritization
- Provide Market and Competitive Intelligence spanning our market opportunities and adjacencies, emerging trends, and industry/competitive landscape
- Influence Board presentations / updates for the company strategy & business plan
- Build and Maintain a High Performing Team:
- Guide and grow an experienced team to become exceptional talent for Webflow and that can independently drive projects and provide insights to the organization.
- Create a vibrant, energized and enthusiastic environment for the function by creating a compelling vision that motivates and develops the team.
- Embed a culture of learning and growth where training, coaching and proactive feedback lead to positive impact and results; creating a work environment where people can realize their full potential with Webflow
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, at Webflow we will support you in identifying where your interests and development opportunities lie and we'll help you incorporate them into your role.
You’ll thrive as a Sr. Director, Corporate Development if you:
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA from top tier program preferred
- 10-15+ years of total work experience in Corporate Development / Strategy, Private Equity / VC and Investment Banking or top-tier Consulting Firm
- Experience and/or domain expertise with web development technologies, digital experience platforms (DXP), or adjacent industries
- Rounded leader with proven track record of success in corporate development / strategy role, and high-visibility planning business or financial planning roles.
- Significant experience leading company strategy, M&A transactions and planning and investment initiatives in the Software / SaaS or Internet industries
- Demonstrated success generating buy-in and trust with senior business leaders to provide effective counsel and influence decision-making
- Experienced in delivering robust company and cross-functional business strategy and business plans that empower high performing businesses.
- A Storyteller: able to build and articulate a vision and translate it into an executable strategy, leading with data and insights. Skilled thought-leader, confident and successful at influencing others to act.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who takes initiative in a fast-paced, innovative high-growth environment, with the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and build consensus
- Driven by results: motivated by goal achievement and continuous improvement, with the enthusiasm and drive to motivate your team and the wider organization.
- Business acumen: demonstrate a keen understanding of business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth.
- Team player: thrive in demanding, intellectually charged environments, has strong convictions and can win credibility and contribute across the breadth of a business and its senior management team.
- Outstanding communication skills, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner (verbally and in writing) with comfort across business and technical discussions and track record of building alignment amongst cross-functional partners
- Passionate about engaging and developing talent; attract, develop, engage and retain talented individuals with a compelling, unifying vision that steers and motivates.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Research shows that you may still be considered for a role if you meet just half of the requirements.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Obsess over customer experience. We deeply understand what we’re building and who we’re building for and serving. We define the leading edge of what’s possible in our industry and deliver the future for our customers.
- Move with heartfelt urgency. We have a healthy relationship with impatience, channeling it thoughtfully to show up better and faster for our customers and for each other. Time is the most limited thing we have, and we make the most of every moment.
- Say the hard thing with care. Our best work often comes from intelligent debate, critique, and even difficult conversations. We speak our minds and don’t sugarcoat things — and we do so with respect, maturity, and care.
- Make your mark. We seek out new and unique ways to create meaningful impact, and we champion the same from our colleagues. We work as a team to get the job done, and we go out of our way to celebrate and reward those going above and beyond for our customers and our teammates.
Benefits & wellness
- Equity ownership (RSUs) in a growing, privately-owned company
- 100% employer-paid healthcare, vision, and dental insurance coverage for employees and dependents (US; full-time Canadian workers working 30+ hours per week), as well as Health Savings Account/Health Reimbursement Account, dependent on insurance plan selection. Employees also have voluntary insurance options, such as life, disability, hospital protection, accident, and critical illness
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing caregivers, as well as an additional 6-8 weeks of pregnancy disability for birthing parents to be used before child bonding leave. Employees also have access to family planning care and reimbursement
- Flexible PTO with an mandatory annual minimum of 10 days paid time off, and sabbatical program
- Access to mental wellness coaching, therapy, and Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly stipends to support health and wellness, as well as smart work, and annual stipends to support professional growth
- Professional career coaching, internal learning & development programs
- 401k plan and financial wellness benefits, like CPA or financial advisor coverage
- Commuter benefits for in-office workers
Temporary employees are not eligible for paid holiday time off, accrued paid time off, paid leaves of absence, or company-sponsored perks.
Be you, with us
At Webflow, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Not ready to apply, but want to be part of the Webflow community? Consider following our story on our Webflow Blog, LinkedIn, Twitter, and/or Glassdoor.
To join Webflow, you'll need valid U.S. or Canadian work authorization depending on the country of employment.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.