What is the Role?
CAMP is Looking for a Senior Designer. As Senior Designer, you will report to the VP of Design, but will work closely across the Creative, E-commerce, and Partnership teams to support the seamless execution of internal and external design projects for CAMP.
You’re a passionate, enthusiastic advocate for design at CAMP, constantly pushing the boundaries of exceptional design. You have a knack for balancing all parts of a project, ensuring that design deliverables achieve all creative, strategy, and project objectives. With diverse industry experience under your belt and a mastery of design practices and tools, you’re eager to help design team members grow and improve. You’re a natural leader who’s able to both take on projects independently and manage junior designers on larger team projects. You can comfortably communicate with stakeholders, and clearly articulate your work while driving home the value of design to our company and clients.
What will you do at CAMP?
- Designing concepts and deliverables in a variety of media, including but not limited to print (e.g. books, packaging, brand identities, signage) and digital (e.g. social media assets, websites, apps, products)
- Blending visual design with strategy to create compelling, impactful work by incorporating business objectives and consumer needs into design deliverables
- Being an advocate for exceptional design to the company and clients
- Collaborating with designers, photographers, copywriters, marketers, and visual merchandizers to create audacious, impactful deliverables
- Working both independently and with others in a fast-paced environment
- Managing junior designers and freelancers on projects, ensuring design deliverables meet all project needs
- Being a thought partner for partnerships and e-commerce teams and act as a mentor to the junior design team
- Effectively communicating concepts, ideas, and design rationale, both verbally and visually
- Managing and communicating with printers, producers, and developers to coordinate print and digital production
What will you bring to CAMP?
- 4-7 years of design industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual arts, or an equivalent degree
- Compelling design portfolio demonstrating extensive experience across print and digital media — additional skills in motion and/or illustration are a plus
- Proven aptitude for quick creative problem solving and sharp attention to detail within a fast-paced work environment
- Experience working on cross-functional teams and taking direction from senior team members
- Experience managing junior team members and freelancers in both design and related industries (e.g. illustration, industrial design, architecture, digital developers, copywriters)
- Exceptional interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design and digital prototyping
- Strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills, demonstrating an ability to clearly articulate ideas and present work both internally and in front of clients
- You are not afraid to jump in where needed - no task is too big or too small for you and you are willing to throw down and help your team before you are asked
- Fluency in industry-standard design applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Figma, PowerPoint)
- Start up experience is a bonus but not a requirement
- This position requires you to be easily accessible & present at our existing five stores in the New York area (5th Ave, Brooklyn, Hudson Yards, Columbus Circle, NY and South Norwalk, CT). You will also remotely support our teams in other locations, with occasional travel when necessary.
- You are authorized to work lawfully in the United States
- If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason (including pregnancy) not to be vaccinated
What you’ll love about us:
We are committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the only way to bring the best experiences to all the families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes all perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with access, education, and career growth
- We highlight products, vendors, and our team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity
We provide our team with best:
We offer a variety of options that are designed to fit the needs of you and your family.
- Flexible Paid Time Off to use for vacation, personal days, well-being, or an illness
- Stock Option grants in CAMP
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage including pharmacy benefits, virtual doctor visits, and more
- Parental leave that supports our team members and their families
- Gym Reimbursement
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Mass Transit & Commuter Parking Programs
- Benefits Concierge: a team of dedicated and experienced employee benefits advocates who are ready to help you and your family with questions.
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health, and Dependent Care
- 20% off fertility and family planning services
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP stores and CAMP.com
- 401(k) Plan (Employee Contribution only)
Interested in joining the team?
Submit your resume and portfolio. Address your cover letter to me, Ekta, letting me know why you want this job and why we should hire you!