Job Title: Senior Designer
Employment type: Full time
Location: Toronto preferred, but this location is remote
Application Closing Date: September 14, 2021 — 5pm EST
Girlboss is a community of strong, curious, and ambitious women redefining success on our own terms. We hope to inform, entertain, and inspire action through the content and experiences we create. We are unapologetic in our beliefs and values of supporting girls and women who are chasing dreams both big and small in a shame-free zone.
We believe in transparency and feedback, taking extreme ownership, being positive problem solvers and infinite learners, under promising and over delivering and having fun along the way.
Girlboss is looking for a Senior Designer and visual expert to join our content team. This isn’t your typical design job: with over 2 million followers across several platforms, this is a unique opportunity to make your mark and create unforgettable visuals that support our mission and empower women in their careers through relatable, humorous, and educational content.
We are looking for someone who lives and breathes design and can create best-in-class visuals to support the content on our owned channels—from Instagram feed posts to newsletters and blog articles. The ideal candidate is a great collaborator and multi-tasker, with discerning taste but open to feedback.
As our Senior Designer, reporting to the Editorial Director, you’ll help maintain, evolve and elevate the Girlboss visual identity and work closely with other members of the content and marketing teams to supply visuals for editorial as well as sponsored content.
You should have experience working in a media brand or other design environment, as well as some experience in video editing. The ideal candidate has an intuitive understanding of what works visually on social media and is always on the lookout for what’s new and next.
- Conceptualize and create standout imagery for the newsletter, blog and future channels, with guidance from the content team
- Conceptualize and create social assets for all social channels
- Work closely with writing and social media staff to execute ideas
- Uphold and elevate the visual identity of the Girlboss brand
- Create visuals for pitch decks, dashboards, client mocks and marketing materials
- Occasionally edit short videos for social media, the blog and YouTube
- Occasionally oversee shoots (remote or on-location)
- Participate in weekly, monthly and quarterly editorial brainstorms
- Work within the editorial calendar and adhere to deadlines
- Conduct photo research
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of work experience in a design environment or media brand
- An affinity for all things digital and social, and the ability to create standout visuals across multiple platforms
- A highly collaborative approach and willingness to try new things
- Openness to feedback
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator as well as Figma and stock image banks
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management, communication and organizational skills
- Photo shoot experience is an asset
- Video and podcast experience are an asset
Don’t meet all the requirements? Apply anyway! We are growing fast and hiring currently for multiple positions. We look for core values alignment first and foremost. If you believe you have the grit and curiosity to be successful in this role, we’d love to hear from you.
Girlboss is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on legally protected classes in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws including ethnic origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and gender identity/gender expression. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please reach out to the hiring manager.
We thank you for considering this opportunity and thank everyone who took the time to apply. Please note that due to the high level of applicants only successful applicants will be notified. We appreciate your patience as we review all applications