Senior Corporate Counsel
Senior Corporate Counsel for Commercial Role with Industrial Power Systems Division
Caterpillar Legal Services has an opening in the Sales & Services Group for a Senior Corporate Counsel position that will provide commercial legal support to the Industrial Power Systems Division (IPSD) which includes the Perkins Engine Company subsidiaries, with significant operations in the US and UK, and facilities in Brazil, China and India.
This Senior Corporate Counsel will work with IPSD leadership and staff and collaborate with relevant functional and regional legal teams to ensure the provision of responsive and high-quality legal support globally. The Senior Corporate Counsel will deliver or coordinate the delivery of legal support for a broad range of issues and business concerns, including direct sale agreements, general commercial agreements, and general business matters. The role provides management, leadership and legal expertise on significant legal issues, conducting analysis and providing counsel to senior business leaders. The position reports to the Assistant General Counsel and Lead Counsel for IPSD. The position is located in Schertz, TX.
- The Senior Corporate Counsel may handle or coordinate management of commercial legal matters involving sales through dealer networks; direct sales; technology agreements; mergers; acquisitions; joint ventures; strategic alliances; real estate; antitrust; franchising; warranties; government contracting; financing; bankruptcy; and intellectual property.
- The Senior Corporate Counsel may help manage more complex tactical legal issues and provide advice and be accountable to assess legal risk, identifying and contributing to resolution of technical legal issues with a broad range of risk exposure.
- The Senior Corporate Counsel position is challenged to carefully evaluate unique legal problems and issues and make recommendations to higher leadership on the best course of action, calling on past examples and inputs from all areas of Legal Services as required.
- This role will include budget management responsibilities. The position also requires demonstrated commitment to advancing Caterpillar, LSPP, and Sales & Services initiatives, along with ongoing collaboration with the LSPP Operations team.
- Requires a law degree, as well as considerable experience in the practice of law, with a focus on commercial law.
- In addition, demonstrated human relations and communications skills and 8+ years of progressively responsible job-related experience is typically required
Top Candidate Will Also Have:
- Proven client service and relationship skills are required to serve this segment of the business by building productive and efficient collaborative relationships internally and externally.
- Experience with senior business leadership level advice and counsel and complex agreements.
- Location: Schertz, Texas
- Domestic relocation is available to those who qualify
Employee benefit details:
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a salary, because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits [medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401(k)] along with the potential of an annual bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .