Senior Corporate Counsel
Snowflake Atlanta, GA - McLean, VA7 days ago
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Snowflake is seeking an experienced technology transactions/commercial contracting lawyer to join us as Senior Corporate Counsel - Procurement reporting to a Sr. Director, Associate General Counsel - Procurement in a growing, world-class legal team. Our ideal candidate will be an experienced, creative, and pragmatic problem solver who excels at negotiating complex agreements and contributing to key team initiatives, including the improvement of templates, processes and cross-functional workflows. Top-tier writing and analytical skills are required, as is a demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks, think strategically, communicate effectively with stakeholders, and advance practical solutions.
AS SENIOR PROCUREMENT COUNSEL, YOU WILL:
- Work closely with Snowflake's procurement team and business teams throughout the organization on inbound transactions for technology and services
- Structure and negotiate inbound vendor agreements, such as agreements for software, SaaS products, equipment, consulting, software development and managed services
- Partner with the Legal Operations and IT teams to build scalable systems and processes that will make buying faster and easier
- Help build and improve forms, policies, and playbooks
- Provide sound advice and guidance on legal and business-related issues to senior business leaders
- Balance legal risks against real-world business imperatives to provide pragmatic and market-based solutions
- Work well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
OUR IDEAL SENIOR PROCUREMENT COUNSEL WILL HAVE:
- 8+ years of legal experience in technology transactions and commercial contracting, preferably a mix of law firm and in-house
- JD from an accredited US law school with excellent academic credentials
- Bar membership in good standing in at least one US state
- Experience negotiating inbound technology and services contracts at a rapidly growing technology company
- Outstanding written and oral English communication skills
- General knowledge of worldwide data privacy regulations
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Exceptional organizational, project management, and multitasking skills with a proven ability to operate independently with limited supervision
- Ability to collaborate with a wide variety of people, at all levels in the company, across the globe
- Strong integrity and sound judgment
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Attitude that no project is too big or too small
- Commitment to treat everyone with respect. No yellers.
- Flexibility and a sense of humor
- Prior experience with legal workflow technologies such as e-signature, document management and contract lifecycle management is a plus
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.