Senior Corporate Communications Specialist
Assists in the co-ordination and development of internal and external communication materials (newsletters, press releases, internet/intranet pages), broadening knowledge and further developing skills. Provides support for media relations efforts. Assists in providing communication consultation to internal departments.
Corporate Communications Director – Capital Markets (CM) / Valuation & Advisory (VAS)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Director in communications needs of CM/VAS service lines.
- Work with geographic communications leads to support PR needs for CM/VAS in major/secondary markets across the U.S. Develop and write press releases and other content for Director review. Manage distribution and company web postings; proactively pitch content to media, as appropriate.
- Track and monitor CM/VAS media coverage, creating regular reports for executives/Corporate Communications, or as directed.
- Ensure Capital Markets/VAS media contacts database is maintained and updated.
- Coordinate and staff CM/VAS executive media interviews, as directed.
- Support Director in the management/development of CM/VAS corporate and executive social media accounts. Use templates to create social assets (e.g. quotecards, new hires).
- Track industry award opportunities for CM/VAS team; work with Director/Corporate Comms to submit nominations.
- Assist with specific projects as directed, including presentation decks, reports, and event preparation.
- Support Vice President on national communications initiatives, as directed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Support Director in CM/VAS internal communications strategy, ensuring clear, concise, and timely communications are successfully distributed to employees/stakeholders.
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of CM/VAS internal communications mediums, including employee announcements, monthly newsletters, intranet news, and weekly social sharing newsletter.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and for different departments within CM/VAS.
- Manage layout/formatting of internal communications content. Storyboard or translate ideas to creative team of designers, as needed.
- Track, collate and submit CM/VAS transactions for submission to Big Wins newsletters.
- Respond to feedback from employees/Employee Engagement Survey and adjust communications strategy/content accordingly.
- Other duties may be assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or a related discipline from 4-year college or university, and a minimum of four to 6 years of relevant experience and/or training. Real estate experience is a plus, but not required.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
FINANCIAL/COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE KNOWLEDGE:
Requires intermediate knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages. Conducts intermediate financial analysis.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills Advanced knowledge of Word. Intermediate to advanced knowledge of additional Microsoft Office applications.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.