Honest is looking for a product, social, brand and content writer to help bring our vision and Beauty, Baby, Personal Care brands to life. The Copywriter will play an integral role in the execution of product development, marketing communications and social content to support a range of initiatives for our mission-driven, storytelling-focused company.
You’ll be responsible for helping to create engaging product copy, social editorial, and marketing content that builds our brand, increases awareness and drives consumer engagement. We’re looking for someone who embraces the unexpected, inspiring and educating our customers through conversational, clever and purposeful language.
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment to ideate and develop engaging copy for all online and offline marketing assets
- Create relevant and meaningful communications across marketing channels, including email, social, blog, paid media and landing pages
- Write inspiring, original and engaging copy and product descriptions
- Support team in development of compelling standardized storytelling and seasonal narratives for products
- Contribute to larger product, campaign and/or brand initiatives, including helping to ideate messaging and taglines for launches
- Support initiatives to establish and refine brand identity and voice
- Support social media team with social content + copywriting
You’ll love this job if you’re:
- A self-starter who is a great collaborator and can lead editorial brainstorms
- Have experience in consumer products copywriting
- You thrive working under deadlines and with multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative and ambitious: You stay up on the industry trends, inspire teammates, and have a strong work ethic
- Curious and flexible: You take on new data, products and categories as a positive challenge and speak to them with authenticity and joy
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree (English, journalism, or other relevant area of study preferred)
- 3-5 years of copywriting experience (Beauty Brand experience preferred)
- Online lifestyle and e-commerce copywriting experience
- Superior writing and proofreading skills with an excellent command of grammar
- Familiarity with basic industry style guide standards
- Ability to organize, interpret and clearly present scientific information to a general audience
Candidates will be asked to provide a portfolio or writing samples and complete a short copy editing exercise in the video interview stage.
Benefits & Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package including comprehensive health and wellness coverage, 401k with company match, wellness incentives including a monthly fitness reimbursement and onsite fitness classes, options for education reimbursement, and a discount on all products. We value work-life balance and offer a generous and flexible vacation policy. Thinking about adding little ones to your family? Honest offers generous maternity and paternity leave. We love the furry kids too and offer pet insurance so your companions are well taken care of.
California Privacy Rights Notice for Californian Job Applicants and Prospective Talent
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), The Honest Company, Inc. (“Honest” or “us” or “we”) is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants or prospective talent (together “job applicants” or “you”) about the categories of personal information we may collect about you and the purposes for which we use this information. Click here if you are a California resident to read disclosures required by the CCPA. Note this notice applies only to personal information that is subject to the CCPA.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect. We may collect the following categories of personal information about our job applicants, who are California residents:
- Social Security Number
- Email and mailing address
- Telephone number
- Employment history
How We Use Job Applicants' Personal Data.
We use and disclose the personal information we collect for our business purposes. These business purposes include, without limitation:
- Processing evaluating your application to determine your qualifications for the role to which you’ve applied, and communicating with you about your application, including to check references or your background, and communicate with you about other jobs that may interest you.
Other business purposes as identified in the CCPA, which include:
- Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- Legal compliance
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, fraud, and illegal activity;
- Performing services for us, such as analytics;
- Internal research for technological improvement; and
- Internal operations.