Let's Grow Together
Our mission is to live our “at your side” promise and simplify and enrich the lives of our customers, employees, and communities. "At your side" is more than a slogan to us; it’s the purpose we do our best to fulfill every day. With a legacy spanning over a century, this is a great place to launch or expand any career and push the boundaries of what comes next. We're committed to achieving shared success, and we provide opportunities for you to develop through experience, exposure and education. Our people have always leveraged their unique perspectives to keep us on the right track for a lasting future. If you want to innovate, learn, and grow with a global leader that builds products, services, and a company people love, then we’ll be “at your side” every step of the way.
The Senior Coordinator, Marketing Expenses proficiently supports all aspects of the Customer Experience Center (CXC) expense management process. As the primary liaison between CXC and Finance, this individual utilizes all relevant Brother systems including (but not limited to) Zycus, Hyperion (FP/A), and SAP. This role supports new vendor setup, opening and closing purchase orders, coding expenses appropriately, verifying and submitting invoices for payment, and working with accounts payable and vendors to rectify issues across a wide variety of business units and marketing disciplines. This position submits expense forecasts as part of fiscal year budgeting for multiple GLs and PCs and supports CXC budget holders across multiple disciplines.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Open and close purchase orders in Zycus
- Liaise with CXC budget holders to understand invoice requirements
- Code invoices to the proper GL account and process vendor invoices in a timely manner
- Reconcile invoices to purchase orders and receiving documents, ensuring accuracy and approval
- Confirm invoice information with budget holders
- Proactively follow-up on parked invoices to determine appropriate resolutions
- Respond to vendor inquiries, reconcile vendor statements, research and resolve discrepancies
- Maintain Goods receipts and return notes on open POs
Reporting & Reconciliation
- Assist with monthly accrual process for vendor related expenses
- Build and present ad-hoc reports to support monthly analyses as needed
- Work with Purchasing and Accounts Payable teams to resolve outstanding issues, including persistent follow up if required
- Assist with other projects as assigned
- Resolve any issues in a timely manner
- Coordinate and participate in trainings and make suggestions for improvements or changes to Brother systems and processes
- During yearly budget process and ad hoc re-budgeting, enter forecasts per direction of management
- Consolidate feedback from management and budget holders
- Adjust and revise as requested
- Prepare reporting on expenses, including YOY changes, adjustments during budgeting rounds, keeping detailed notes of these modifications and the rationale behind them
Vendor, Process, and System Management
- Prepare new supplier request forms
- Collect all required supplier information
- Act as a resource for new employees, training them on Brother expenses processes and expectations
- High School Diploma (or G.E.D.)
- Associate’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in Finance, Accounting, or a related field – Preferred
A minimum of 5+ years of relevant experience spanning the following areas:
- Experience working in accounts payable administration
- Experience with accounting
- Experience managing & reporting on invoices and expenses
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook & Word
- Knowledge of Financial Systems such as Zycus, SAP, and/or Hyperion – Preferred
Other Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities
- Strong organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal)
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
What We Offer Our Employees
We offer an above-market benefits package that includes a choice of Health Insurance plans (including Dental and Vision Insurance), a generous 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, paid holidays, paid time off (PTO), and more! Plus, if you’re considering an advanced degree that would help you achieve your development and career goals, Brother USA offers a highly competitive tuition reimbursement program.
See what all the fuss is about! Apply today to learn why Forbes called Brother one of the World’s Best Employers (2020) and NJBIZ called Brother one of the Best Places to Work in New Jersey (2022)!
This role will be a hybrid role. Subject to business needs, employees may work remotely up to two days per week. Assigned office days will be determined by managers.
- The salary (or hiring) range for this position is $56,000 - $65,000 annualized per year
- Starting salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, location, and alignment with market data
- Benefits include, but are not limited to, healthcare and wellness coverage, life and disability insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and Paid Time Off. Details are available at https://mybenefits.nfp.com/Brother/2023/guidebook/
Brother International Corporation has earned its reputation as a premier provider of home office and business products, home appliances for the sewing and crafting enthusiast as well as industrial solutions that revolutionize the way we live and work. Brother International Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Brother Industries Ltd. With worldwide sales exceeding $6 billion, this global manufacturer was started more than 100 years ago. Bridgewater, New Jersey is the corporate headquarters for Brother in the Americas. It has fully integrated sales, marketing services, manufacturing, research and development capabilities located in the U.S. In addition to its headquarters, Brother has facilities in California, Illinois and Tennessee, as well as subsidiaries in Canada, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Peru and Mexico. For more information, visit www.brother.com.
Brother International Corporation ("Brother") is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or make employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state or federal laws. If you require any physical or other assistance in completing this application, a reasonable accommodation will be made upon request.