Senior Content Operations Manager
Do well by doing good.
EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies. Millions of consumers use our content and tools to research and evaluate solar, batteries, community solar and other energy products and services. Our brand is trusted by consumers and thought leaders. Check out our coverage in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post and more.
We are a team of passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals who are dedicated to making renewable energy options more accessible and affordable to consumers. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with teams in Serbia, we are currently 120+ employees and growing rapidly.
Our team operates on a hybrid work schedule with 3 days of onsite collaboration. Learn more about our company and our team: www.energysage.com/about-us/company
EnergySage is looking for a senior content marketing and content operations manager to provide creative input and develop content marketing tactics and strategies that will help us grow our business. The role is both strategic and managerial, as you’ll be responsible for contributing to content strategy, leading content production operations (planning, process, systems, reporting, optimization), and contributing as a content creator. Your mission is to ensure EnergySage is creating engaging, relevant, valuable, and SEO-optimized multichannel content and doing so efficiently.
As a Senior Content Marketing Manager at EnergySage, you will collaborate with the marketing, content, and design departments to create and execute content marketing plans developed with the VP of Marketing and Director of Content and Consumer Education. These plans should be based on strategic priorities, growth targets, competitive analysis, keyword research in collaboration with the SEO team, and the content we create and publish should contribute to steady growth of organic traffic to our website.
You’ll also be responsible for creating content briefs and other supporting documentation, establishing effective processes for submitting, editing, and publishing content, and mentoring junior members of the content team.
What You'll Do:
- Establish guidelines, processes, and strategies for content creation and delivery
- Adapt long-form written content for web, social, video, collateral, and other mediums
- Drive maximum distribution and consumption of content created by a team of content creators, via multichannel marketing and content adaptation
- Manage multiple marketing and cross-functional stakeholders
- Oversee web publishing processes, with additional focus on on-page SEO excellence.
- Stay up to date with industry trends
- Ensure that the company’s branding guidelines are correctly implemented into the content
- Collaborate with all departments to ensure the accurate and appropriate presentation of the product or service they’re writing about
- Document and report the content team’s progress and the effectiveness of the content strategy in driving organic traffic, engagement, and brand awareness
What We Look For:
- The ability to understand the target audience and their pain points
- A bachelor’s (or equivalent experience) in English, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in Content Marketing and/or content operations
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, and communication skills
- Strong understanding of content strategy development
- Expertise in on-page SEO
- Demonstrated project management and process management experience, including managing cross-functional stakeholders
- Systems thinking
- Skill and experience in creating compelling action-oriented marketing content across written, visual, and video formats
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and SEO tools (e.g. Ahrefs, Moz, SEMrush)
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for both educating and informing the consumer and renewable energy space.
- Experience managing a high volume of efficient production.
- Ability to research and understand complex subjects and synthesize information into easy-to-understand content.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job - but we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Even if you do not meet all of the qualifications above, we’d still love to hear from you. Tell us about the unique qualities you might bring in your cover letter.
We are EnergySage
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.