Senior Communications Specialist
The Senior Communications Specialist is responsible for developing and managing strategic communications across associate and retailer channels.
Responsibilities (May perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned).
- Serves as a key contributor in the development and execution of communication plans to support company strategies and further associates' understanding of their role in the company's retail success.
- Digital Creation - Serve as a content administrator for the company intranet, (20) including content creation and publishing, proactively leveraging the intranet for employee engagement
- Analyze member feedback and behavior and develop plans to continuously improve the relevance of markets and conferences for our members. Assess the relevance of the market structure and re-conceptualize as needed to align with changing business strategies and conditions.
- Creates weekly editorial blueprints, research, writes and edits employee news and features.
- Provides editorial support in distilling company initiatives and policy into reader-friendly news and announcements.
- Provides concepts and copy for President's Award and upon request, other employee recognition programs.
- Creates bi-weekly editorial blueprints, researches and writes retailer news and features.
- Provides on-going corporate Web content review and updates and develops news and features. Creates executive and board presentations on a quarterly basis.
- Monitors weekly readership of Web vehicles and creates usage and readership trend reports including MOL, Yammer and LinkedIn.
- Provides on-going review of Internet and intranet sites to ensure consistent editorial, grammar, and visual standards.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Journalism and/or Communications or equivalent work experience.
- 5 to 7 years of corporate communications, agency experience or related field.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Work Environment: Generally, works in climate-controlled office environment.
Travel: Travel may vary in length and duration.